amazon charges me for prime without my authorizati

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too was skeptical about Prime but now I absolutely love it and would not think of cancelling. The 2 day standard shipping along with same day Locker delivery is awesome. Plus all the Prime Video options that I can watch on my Roku make it all worth it.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I too was skeptical about Prime but now I absolutely love it and would not think of cancelling. The 2 day standard shipping along with same day Locker delivery is awesome. Plus all the Prime Video options that I can watch on my Roku make it all worth it.

It's not worth $12/month if you don't buy anything.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

It's not worth $12/month if you don't buy anything.

Its $8.25/month if you buy the yearly membership. Those that choose the monthly membership are funny to me. Why? Because you can buy the year membership and cancel at any time and they will refund the unused portion. Students with an .edu email address only pay $50/year. The streaming tv/movies content alone is worth that. Plus the free music. Plus the free shipping. Plus the free secure Prime picture storage. Plus the free Prime books. Plus the early access to many editors choice books, for much cheaper than retail. Plus the once a month free book borrow on Kindle. Plus the free Audible podcast and content.

I've had prime for 4 or 5 years and find it to be an incredible value. I get my dollars worth for sure.

Quote:
...Its $8.25/month if you buy the yearly membership....you can buy the year membership and cancel at any time and they will refund the unused portion.

Bingo. That's the route I go.

As for OP. Yep, if you don't buy anything it's not worth $11 or even $8.25 a month. So cancel it now or end of month, consider it a lesson learned and move on.

I've learned that Amazon=scam. From Prime to the intrusive ads to the creepy e-mails a few days later for things I searched for, etc. They are the retailer of last resort for me.

Originally Posted By: itguy08
I've learned that Amazon=scam. From Prime to the intrusive ads to the creepy e-mails a few days later for things I searched for, etc. They are the retailer of last resort for me.

To each his own...with 5% back on my Amazon credit card for every purchase, 2 day free delivery, I purchase around $3000+ per year. I never shop ebay any more.
I do though buy as much as I can from our local hardware store.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al

To each his own...with 5% back on my Amazon credit card for every purchase, 2 day free delivery, I purchase around $3000+ per year. I never shop ebay any more.

Yup, my Amazon card perks are great. My work was having me buy stuff for them on Amazon and I got to use my card so I got tons and tons of points. For a lot of things, Amazon carries stuff I just can't get locally.

Take advantage of the Prime deals, since you're paying for it anyway
smile.gif
(even if involuntarily)

Heavy, low-cost items that ship for free for Prime members
smile.gif

Free 8 day shipping= they literally just hold your order in queue there for days, then send it out a couple days before the 8th day. This is to make you want the prime 2-day.

8 day shipping is ground shipping (slow)

Two day shipping is shipped via aircraft quite a bit of the time unless your item is at a local warehouse.

Originally Posted By: bmwtechguy
Free 8 day shipping= they literally just hold your order in queue there for days, then send it out a couple days before the 8th day. This is to make you want the prime 2-day.

Everything I order is not urgent so 8 days shipping is OK with me.

Originally Posted By: Al

There cash back or points system is flawed too. There is no way they give 5 percent back. After canceling those charges I got an email saying they increased my cash back amount. I got that same email a month ago!

Sounds to me like you didn't read the find print, OP...

Its your duty to know when the trial ends. It says the trial period will morph into a monthly after it ends. This is very far from an Amazon strategy to pull in people who do not pay attention to detail.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman

There cash back or points system is flawed too. There is no way they give 5 percent back. After canceling those charges I got an email saying they increased my cash back amount. I got that same email a month ago!

Its only 5% back jon all amazon purchases. non Amazon purchases are 1%, %2, or 3%

BTW before I had Prime I almost got my stuff in 4 days. Amazon vendors were sometimes longer,

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bubbatime

No.
Two day shipping is shipped via aircraft quite a bit of the time unless your item is at a local warehouse.

No.

Not with ships-from-Amazon, anyway. 8 Day shipping means they ship it from a nearby warehouse on the 7th day, or the out of state warehouse on the 6th day. And, neither come by plane.

Originally Posted By: HangFire

No.

No.

Not with ships-from-Amazon, anyway. 8 Day shipping means they ship it from a nearby warehouse on the 7th day, or the out of state warehouse on the 6th day. And, neither come by plane.

A large portion of my amazon purchases are via plane freight. Amazon leases 40 aircraft themselves, and obviously use the capacity of the hundreds of UPS and FedEx aircraft. If the item I order is located 2000 miles away, and is not at any other more local warehouses, then that item is most certainly going to be shipped via aircraft to arrive within 2 days. Ground shipping from 2000 to 3000 miles away is going to take a week.

Nice try debunking me though.

Nice try debunking me though.

I'm only working on the data of several hundred deliveries to my place.

Perhaps you are ordering from Amazon partners. I remember Amazon Prime shipping an order from California. That was what, 9 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back