Dealers, UGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Whimsey
Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: Bambam
I don't think Whimsey was looking for opinions on his maintenance schedule, just a rant on his dealer. But as the saying goes, opinions are like @$$%@!*&, everybody has one and can't wait to give it !

Let's be EXACTLY clear on what happened here. OP takes vehicle in to have perfectly good transmission fluid drained. Dealer knows it good fluid and doesn't care to do the work. At Op's insistent the work is done the way it's done by just about all dealers. OP disagrees with the way the service is performed and comes on here to state he doesn't like the way the dealer changed out perfectly good fluid. Then comes on here to give an IMHO-an undeserved "rant".

That's what happened. This situation deserves the feedback it got-IMHO.

Why do you have to be nasty, is it your nature? I merely posted that the dealer lied to my wife. Does me wanting an early ATF fluid change bother you, I'm paying for it, not you. I didn't ask for a critique of an early ATF fluid change interval, though you're free to comment in a civil manner, after you have all the facts, not just your opinion, which you think highly of obviously. I've been on this site for 15 years and sad to say I've seen it deteriorate because of posters like you ripping other posters apart for your pleasure.

Whimsey

HERE HERE !
10.gif

Originally Posted By: Bambam
I don't think Whimsey was looking for opinions on his maintenance schedule, just a rant on his dealer. But as the saying goes, opinions are like @$$%@!*&, everybody has one and can't wait to give it !

Let's be EXACTLY clear on what happened here. OP takes vehicle in to have perfectly good transmission fluid drained. Dealer knows it good fluid and doesn't care to do the work. At Op's insistent the work is done the way it's done by just about all dealers. OP disagrees with the way the service is performed and comes on here to state he doesn't like the way the dealer changed out perfectly good fluid. Then comes on here to give an IMHO-an undeserved "rant".

That's what happened. This situation deserves the feedback it got-IMHO.

Why do you have to be nasty, is it your nature? I merely posted that the dealer lied to my wife. Does me wanting an early ATF fluid change bother you, I'm paying for it, not you. I didn't ask for a critique of an early ATF fluid change interval, though you're free to comment in a civil manner, after you have all the facts, not just your opinion, which you think highly of obviously. I've been on this site for 15 years and sad to say I've seen it deteriorate because of posters like you ripping other posters apart for your pleasure.

Whimsey

Don't necessarily feel my post was rude. But if you do-
I hear there is an "ignore feature" if my posts bother you.

Have a GREAT day!

Hey, now there is an opinion I can heed !

My wife went to the purchasing Ford dealer this morning to have a drain and fill for the transmission and PTU plus tire rotation and Nav update. I was going to have them do a rear diff fluid change but they wanted too much money for an a apparently easier job, I'll have my indie do that and I'll use full synthetic fluid instead of the mineral/blend gear Mercon fluid they use. The 2017 2.3 EB Explorer has about 9,000 miles on it. We keep our vehicles for a long time so I change wearable fluids early to get rid of early contaminants from wear in. The dealer did the PTU drain and fill but refused to do the transmission drain and fill. They said it was a "sealed" transmission and they could only do a flush, by machine or remove the tranny and split it open
confused2.gif
confused2.gif
crazy2.gif
crazy2.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
shocked2.gif
shocked2.gif
. That is a bunch of hogwash. It looks fairly easy to do a drain and fill, I'll do it cold so I can measure cold what comes and put in cold the same amount. I've lost all confidence in this dealer because of this. I guess they assume we're all stupid, especially women
mad.gif
. If I'm wrong and this transmission is totally sealed, than the drain plug and fill cap are just decorations
smirk.gif
. This kinda makes you lose faith in some dealers. In the "way" past I've had good experiences with dealer service, but those dealers have been bought by mega/larger dealers it seems.

Whimsey

This is only one of the reasons I don't let dealerships do maintenance on my vehicles unless it's warranty work. I always do my homework when it comes to cars so I at least know whats what before dealers start their bull. It doesn't take much effort to know more about your cars than they do.

Also, nothing wrong with changing fluids early, I do it myself, always have, always will. There's 4 qts of fresh trans fluid in my garage for the Prius which will be changed next month when it hits 20k. Anyone who thinks it's a waste of money should read the reports and study the available data and, if they really feel compelled to criticize someone for throwing away their money, they should check out the thread about the new i-phones costing over $1200, now that's a waste of money.

Last edited:

Whimsey [/quote]

Don't necessarily feel my post was rude. But if you do-
I hear there is an "ignore feature" if my posts bother you.

Have a GREAT day! [/quote]

Hey, now there is an opinion I can heed ! [/quote]

PLEASE DO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back