Bentley Ad removed from Youtube due to Pedestirian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oz policies are being dictated to by this dweeb, who is trying to get 20MPH speed limits in towns, ban bullbars, and vehicles that hurt drunk pedestrians who walk in front of them....

John Bowe (Bathurst Winner) comments on Bentley ad ban

Getting stuff taken off youtube, using the loophole that you can't "advertise" exceeding the speed limit in the state in which the advertisement can be used is pretty sneaky and disingenuous...he's after bicyclists, cars, anything that's not his gig.

bullbars ? maybe I shouldn't ask.
grin2.gif

Why is it sneaky? The article says the advertisers agreed to that rule and they blatantly violated it.

That Dodge commercial where the guy has a Xmas tree on the roof and family in the car and racing the traffic lights seems irresponsible to me but doesn't break any laws.

They pulled it from youtube, as his argument was that by having the Bentley Wings on a youtube video, it constituted an advertisement.

While the intent of the advertising issue was what was portrayed to the public...

As to the guys tactics....

Quote:
"I've just been on your walkway by the river and they're coming through there at 40km/h. There are signs up there saying 'ring your bell'. Why would you ring a bell when the law states that on a shared path, a bicyclist must give way to a pedestrian?

"Is the bell a warning or a threat? In common law, to put anyone in fear of their safety is an assault," he says.

The car was clocked at 330 km/hour in an advertisement for Bentley.

Ofcouse, the ad was a testament to "how fast the car would go".

Why does a car need to go 330 km/h?

Why does a person driving that car need to go 330 km/h?

Hey, advertising works.

That is why smoking advertisements have been regulated so heavily.

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver

Hey, advertising works.

So tell us in your great wisdom how fast is fast enough.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig

Hey, advertising works.

So tell us in your great wisdom how fast is fast enough.

On a public roadway or a closed course?

The people who have written the traffic code and the people who regulate advertising are the appropriate folks to direct your question.

Surely a man of your wisdom can appreciate the distinction.
grin.gif

Its a great commercial. Its a thrilling car.

Advertising works.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
They pulled it from youtube, as his argument was that by having the Bentley Wings on a youtube video, it constituted an advertisement.

While the intent of the advertising issue was what was portrayed to the public...

As to the guys tactics....

Quote:
"I've just been on your walkway by the river and they're coming through there at 40km/h. There are signs up there saying 'ring your bell'. Why would you ring a bell when the law states that on a shared path, a bicyclist must give way to a pedestrian?

"Is the bell a warning or a threat? In common law, to put anyone in fear of their safety is an assault," he says.

I can see your point about this guy who appears to fear for his safety when he hears the chime or the ding-a-ling of a bicycle bell.

Originally Posted By: PhillyJoe
I would like to know what brand of tires were on the car.

The car is HEAVY...when the Mulsane Turbo R was invented (yes, showing my age), AVON were the only manufacturer to make them...there's more now.

When my boss went to get his serviced, I tagged along, the proper tyres are a grand per paw in Oz...insurance can ditch you if you haven't got the load rating.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I'd like to know what kind of oil was in the car
laugh.gif

From the above tagalong, service is 12L of M1 0W40, for $600...the service manager was less than impressed when I suggested that the boss could stop at the parts place on the way to the service and save $300...

I can see your point about this guy who appears to fear for his safety when he hears the chime or the ding-a-ling of a bicycle bell.

10.gif
10.gif
10.gif

Now we are on the same page...that clown will do or say ANYTHING, pull stunts to get anything that's not a pedestrian made to be as inconvenient as possible.

My last two DDs maxed out at 165 mph and 155 mph. Fast enough, but that's about the minimum top speed I'll tolerate.

Originally Posted By: MCompact
My last two DDs maxed out at 165 mph and 155 mph. Fast enough, but that's about the minimum top speed I'll tolerate.

Alright, I will play along.

How often did you reach those speeds in your Daily Drive?

Does Kentucky lack Law Enforcement?

OK...but Scruby did lead a movement to lower speed limits on a roadway frequented by children and at the request of the Headmaster.

And this quote seems reasonable:

"In NSW – and I'm sure it's the same here – about 100,000 people over 90 are driving and one in four of those has Alzheimer's. I would have mandatory reporting because (otherwise) most doctors, particularly in country towns, won't dob in their patients," he says.

You sure have alot of old-timers in NSW.

But this is the best humor right here:

Queenslanders' fascination with bullbars and fishing-rod holders also disturbs Scruby.

"They've banned bullbars in Europe and they've got much bigger animals than us they can hit," he says.

"It's part of the male thing. And to cap it off, you put four fishing-rod holders on the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back