52 Hp Citroen AX 1.5D under 10 sec. Nurburgring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you mean 10 hours?
whistle.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
This guy managed to lap the nurburgring in his 1993 Citroen AX 1.5D, t

By the sound its engine is producing....I would say that it is 1.1 gasoline......

No way that(stock) N/A diesel is revving that high!

Last edited:
Notice that when he moved the steering wheel the least amount necessary to make it around a turn that he was able to carry more speed. Each cross up of which there were only a few really cost him taking away a lot of energy that was difficult to restore. He was so under powered that he understeered through the first carousel to stay in the middle to maintain as much energy as possible. It was absolutely certain that he knew exactly how to manage it from experience and practice. That took a bit of nerve to pull the wheel that much on the entry knowing you would not roll the car into a ball. Also when he ran off on the rumble strips he avoided the more natural reaction to jump right back onto the track. Overall he did an excellent job for an amateur.

Thanks for the link.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
This guy managed to lap the nurburgring in his 1993 Citroen AX 1.5D, t

By the sound its engine is producing....I would say that it is 1.1 gasoline......

No way that(stock) N/A diesel is revving that high!

I have a TU 1.1 petrol engine and it does not sound like that, the engine in that AX has a very distinctive TUD5 sound in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back