Ford F150 question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad thing is that I have my EB with heavy duty tow pkg for sale, but it books out too high for people's tastes.

I avoided trucks like the plague before the newer engines came out starting in 2011 or so. For the truck in question here, either trade up to a stronger, newer engine or change the rear end. A new rear end could be almost the value of the truck for all we know. You need to work the numbers. Try to find a truck with the same engine and proposed rear gears and test drive it before committing to changing your truck.

If the current truck can suffice for your duties, it might be better to use it and save up for your desired upgrade.

I just confirmed that my F150 has 3.55 gears. I wouldn't want to go anymore. 3.73 I assume would be the nest step up,and the cost of replacing isn't worth that little bit of extra gear.

Last edited:
I bet 4.10's would wake it right up. Just drive slower on the highway if mpg matters (or get a sedan). I wonder how much a junkyard would give up a complete rear end, assuming you could find one with the gearing you want.

Originally Posted By: lawnguy
I just confirmed that my F150 has 3.55 gears.

Auto, SuperCab, 4x2 & 3.55 gearing = 6900lb. rating. How heavy is the trailer you're towing?

eSeMKDD.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back