How much better is Shell gas than Exxon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Splash blending system good design practice is to ensure components are well mixed before exiting the delivery device. Extra time in the tank truck compartment, plus agitation when drained to the station tank, doesn't hurt but the additives should be well mixed entering the truck tank. If sampled at that point it should be good to go, as the truckload should be good to go before departing the terminal as design philosophy.

Not sure how Coscto accomplishes good mixing but I'm sure they get there somehow. I'd be curious about filling up a vehicle during a product delivery drop like you though if I had a Costco membership.

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
Splash blending system good design practice is to ensure components are well mixed before exiting the delivery device. Extra time in the tank truck compartment, plus agitation when drained to the station tank, doesn't hurt but the additives should be well mixed entering the truck tank. If sampled at that point it should be good to go, as the truckload should be good to go before departing the terminal as design philosophy.

Not sure how Coscto accomplishes good mixing but I'm sure they get there somehow. I'd be curious about filling up a vehicle during a product delivery drop like you though if I had a Costco membership.

I thought it would work well if they could alternate tanks such that an active delivery would be only to a tank that's not going to the retail pumps. The one photo I saw of a Costco tank installation was of three main tanks. If that's two regular and one premium, then I'm not sure how they could alternate premium tanks.

Here's a document on Costco's installations:

http://soniasorensen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Costco-T-C2-CUPA-2013.pdf

There was an older document but that's no longer available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back