Change oil filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver

That's not stout ... that's PORTER.
04.gif

Originally Posted By: alarmguy
change the oil, I could see myself doing the same and personally I think you will be thrilled with the 4t over the T6 simply because the 4T is more stout. I would be glad to see what you think of the 4T after a few hundred miles compared to the T6.

I think every shared sump bike will have different characteristics. Probably even between same models.

May as well try the T6 since it's already in there.

. Its nuts to change it at 500 miles just so you can run M1.
I have never heard of such a thing over motor oil.

Agreed. Telling him to change his oil is absolute silliness.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Linctex
change the oil, I could see myself doing the same and personally I think you will be thrilled with the 4t over the T6 simply because the 4T is more stout. I would be glad to see what you think of the 4T after a few hundred miles compared to the T6.

I think every shared sump bike will have different characteristics. Probably even between same models.

May as well try the T6 since it's already in there.

. Its nuts to change it at 500 miles just so you can run M1.
I have never heard of such a thing over motor oil.

Agreed. Telling him to change his oil is absolute silliness.

His question is should he change his filter, not oil.

His question is should he change his filter, not oil.

OK..... in my humble opinion, telling him to change his oil OR FILTER is absolute silliness.

5w-40 T6 does not hold up well in bikes. It shears down to a 30wt after just a few days riding. If you are itching that bad Id drain it and use it in your car or truck as make up.

Mobil 4t 10w-40 shears down to 30wt too and is way more expensive than good ol 15w-40 Rotella

I wouldn't bother changing the filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back