Impressed with Toyota in NASCAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been to three NASCAR races now and I noticed that Toyota does more for the fans than the others. They have little places to eat and drink setup for Toyota owners. They have a bunch of cars to look at people giving stuff away and getting the crowd involved . The other two manufacturers do not do that and I don't understand why .......

Does anyone root for Toyota? I wonder if those little perks would go away if Toyota was dominating or at least on the same level as the others.

Originally Posted By: supton
Does anyone root for Toyota? I wonder if those little perks would go away if Toyota was dominating or at least on the same level as the others.
Really what mfg won the last championship and what team looks really good at the right time haters always going to hate admit it.

Last edited:
Chevy & Ford expect support from the fans........Toyota wants to earn support and really thank the fans. Furniture Row left Chevy because of no support and went to Toyota because of factory TRD support. Look how the #78 is running now......and they had Hendrick help also.
11.gif

Originally Posted By: DrRoughneck
Toyotas use more US-made parts, so there's that.
Detroit Three vs. Japanese Three: 181,000 to 67,000
Car dealerships and suppliers often sell cars or furnish parts for multiple automakers. Take them out of the equation, and Detroit automakers have the clear lead in direct employment — at assembly, drivetrain, stamping, casting and tooling plants, research and design facilities, U.S. headquarters, testing grounds and the like. GM spokesman Fred Ligouri says GM employs 77,000 Americans. Chrysler's U.S. employment totals 39,200. Ford declined to provide numbers, but the American Automotive Policy Council, a group that represents the Detroit Three, says the Dearborn, Mich., automaker employs about 65,000.

Combined, that's more than 2.5 times the number of employees that Toyota, Nissan and Honda – the three largest Japanese automakers in the U.S. — employ. Toyota spokeswoman Carly Schaffner says Toyota employs more than 30,000 Americans, up from 29,089. Honda has "just north of 26,000" at its U.S. operations, says spokesman Ed Miller. Nissan's U.S. operations employ 10,380 across six states. Hyundai-Kia employs 7,800, according to two spokesmen for the Korean automaker.

Originally Posted By: ShotGun429
Originally Posted By: DrRoughneck
Toyotas use more US-made parts, so there's that.
Detroit Three vs. Japanese Three: 181,000 to 67,000

156 million in the working force, the entire total that you quote above is 1.59% of the total labor force...does your distribution of that labor force actually make any measurable difference ???

I always love using this one.
wink.gif

In all seriousness? Most of the cars have nothing that will make it to the street. They are custom pushrod V8s.
Does Toyota even have a pushrod engine in a passenger car anymore? Does Ford?

I think the rear suspension is a trailing arm Truck style long arm with a panhard rod. Most if not all of them use a Ford 9 inch rear end. Real similar to the 4 link setup I have in my WS6 with a Ford 9 inch, but the long arm is better and more stable at speed.

I gave up on NASCAR a long time ago.

It certainly has nothing to do with your FWD Camry or my RWD Pushrod powered Caprice or Trans Am.

The manufacture does not win. The team does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back