Corvette UA0 with Redline 5w30: High Lead

Well, he IS racing, and I'd defer to GM's advice on this, given they manufacture the product and in the last few years their approach has been to recommend a much heavier lubricant under those operating conditions. Ergo, I don't find it inappropriate to use the 0w-40 in the OP's case, and I recall being one of the people who recommended it to him, in fact that was the case in this very thread back in 2015:

Mobil 1 0w-40 recommendation

Knowing that this very oil (M1 0w-40) was the standard product for his car in other locations further reinforces the logic of continuing on with it.

Originally Posted By: Gokhan
Originally Posted By: zeng
And your explanation for the high lead?

Refer DH latest posts above.
Do not side-track please!

You are one of those people who troll other people's posts without bringing a single idea into the discussion.

I repeat my question to you above. You are the one side-tracking and trolling me. If you don't know the answer, stop talking.

Please accept my apology for having sounded harsh on you.
10.gif

And your explanation for the high lead?

Refer DH latest posts above.
Do not side-track please!

You are one of those people who troll other people's posts without bringing a single idea into the discussion.

I repeat my question to you above. You are the one side-tracking and trolling me. If you don't know the answer, stop talking.

Please accept my apology for having sounded harsh on you.
10.gif

10.gif

Looks like PhotoBucket wants to charge now to host images.

Here are my reports for those who want to see them.

33kg9w8.jpg

wcfww6.jpg

DH

Originally Posted By: Dirty_Howie
Looks like PhotoBucket wants to charge now to host images.

Here are my reports for those who want to see them.

33kg9w8.jpg

wcfww6.jpg

DH

Thank you for posting, that oil looks like it's doing a great job.

Getting oil changed this weekend. Let it go to 4K miles this time with 7 AutoX days. Will post results soon as I get the Blackstone report back.

DH

Okay, here is my most recent Blackstone that just arrived today.

The only thing I notice is that my Phosphorus and Zinc keep going down. Is this all because the new formulation of Mobil 0w40 ? Or is it somehow used up or absorbed?

I have more miles and more AutoX days on this interval.

2190uj7.jpg

DH

Last edited:
Okay, here is my most recent Blackstone that just arrived today.

The only thing I notice is that my Phosphorus and Zinc keep going down. Is this all because the new formulation of Mobil 0w40 ? Or is it somehow used up or absorbed?

I have more miles and more AutoX days on this interval.

2190uj7.jpg

DH

No comments ??????/
Are people bored with my oil reports?
Should I stop posting?

DH

Originally Posted By: CT8
I rather enjoy watching the progression of your UOAs. Thanks.

Okay, great.
Any input on the decreasing zinc/phos?

DH

Okay, great.

DH

I don't see that happening. Your current analysis is within expected lab error of your previous three analysis. The first one after the change of oils shows carry-over from the Redline.

Ed

Originally Posted By: edhackett

Okay, great.

DH

I don't see that happening. Your current analysis is within expected lab error of your previous three analysis. The first one after the change of oils shows carry-over from the Redline.

Ed

Thanks. Appreciate your input. It just looked like a trend to me.

DH

I would really like to see a run on Redline 0W-40 just to make an even comparison and put some of the debate to rest. Granted, that's easier for me to say seeing as it's not my car!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: JustN89
I would really like to see a run on Redline 0W-40 just to make an even comparison and put some of the debate to rest. Granted, that's easier for me to say seeing as it's not my car!
grin.gif

Its not that it would be hard to do. And its not even that the Redline costs more. Its just that I can't risk going back to the wear metals and the significance of that which I was seeing with the Redline.

Should be getting latest results any day now.....

DH

Okay, here is my latest report.
Blackstone sure seems happy with it.
Anyone concerned that Iron level is up?
Several AutoCross days on this interval as usual.

o6h0d0.jpg

DH

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Garak
I'd call the iron inconsequential. It's only a slight uptick, and it hasn't been that long since changing oil chemistries, so no need for alarm.

Thanks. So you would be happy with this report, right?

DH

Corrossion wear in cold season and frequent short trips may have a role in the Fe ppm, I guess.

Well although I am in SoCal this last oil usage saw much cooler cold starting temps.

DH

Back