CAFE only counts the Gasoline not the ethanol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shannow
And the fatty acid profile of animals raised on corn is so far out of whack that it's clearly contributing to poor health in the western world over more natural feedstocks.

BUT, as you've stated every time we've been at this point, you state to "follow the money"...I've got no skin in the game, but as you say, you clearly do, and it shows in your defence of it...

Like you constantly defending dirty coal plants?

Do you suggest we don't feed corn to animals? What shall we do with it, make ethanol. Seems that argument doesn't support your view?

And many think that corn is fed to cattle from day one. Hardly. Only on the final stage before slaughter, and it is not their only fare, they get a balanced ration of roughage and feed mix. And look at the old John Wayne movie "The Angel and The Bad Man" from 1947. Those folks were feeling cracked corn to their chickens like folks have been doing for decades. Now, we have more concentrated high protein corn based feed that is provided by ethanol production. it takes less corn to get the job done. And what to do birds eat primarily? Bugs and seeds. Corn is a seed. Ethanol production has provided multiple benefits. Polymers for various uses, Ethanol (of course), high protein feed supplements. Even insulators for spark plugs.

And the fatty acid profile of animals raised on corn is so far out of whack that it's clearly contributing to poor health in the western world over more natural feedstocks.

You neglect to mention that the real issue is rate of consumption. Sitting down to a double bacon cheddar gut bomb at McDonald's, biggie fries and 44 ounce coke is the real issue. Followed by a pack of Marlboros, case of beer and an evening on the couch.

Full disclosure statement: I benefit from ethanol but I am not a big supporter. I have just accepted that it is here to stay.

Originally Posted By: TiredTrucker
And many think that corn is fed to cattle from day one. Hardly. Only on the final stage before slaughter, and it is not their only fare, they get a balanced ration of roughage and feed mix. And look at the old John Wayne movie "The Angel and The Bad Man" from 1947. Those folks were feeling cracked corn to their chickens like folks have been doing for decades. Now, we have more concentrated high protein corn based feed that is provided by ethanol production. it takes less corn to get the job done

Takes two weeks to reverse the Omego 3/Omega 6 ratio from a grass fed steer to grain fed.

And what to do birds eat primarily? Bugs and seeds. Corn is a seed. Ethanol production has provided multiple benefits. Polymers for various uses, Ethanol (of course), high protein feed supplements. Even insulators for spark plugs.

Yeah, and as you pointed out previously, corn is a grass...any argument to get the job done eh ?

Originally Posted By: turtlevette

BUT, as you've stated every time we've been at this point, you state to "follow the money"...I've got no skin in the game, but as you say, you clearly do, and it shows in your defence of it...

Like you constantly defending dirty coal plants?

Do you suggest we don't feed corn to animals? What shall we do with it, make ethanol. Seems that argument doesn't support your view?

Ah, the olld turtle projection again...

Go and re-read them.

Where have I expressly (and constantly) defended coal ?

Thermal YES...explained scheduled versus non scheduled, synchronous versus asynchronous, frequency and VAR control, and the benefits of a stable grid.

Renewables leading to the South Australian Experiment and blackout yes...pointing out that things are flawaed is NOT constantly defending coal.

BTW, dirty is again your emotive word for something that while you claim to be an industry professional, appear to have little to no understanding.

The average Canadian directly or indirectly eats at least a pound of corn a day. (keeps the doctor at bay)
Around 20% of adults over 40 smoke, double that number for truckers and welfare recipients.

And many think that corn is fed to cattle from day one. Hardly. Only on the final stage before slaughter, and it is not their only fare, they get a balanced ration of roughage and feed mix. And look at the old John Wayne movie "The Angel and The Bad Man" from 1947. Those folks were feeling cracked corn to their chickens like folks have been doing for decades. Now, we have more concentrated high protein corn based feed that is provided by ethanol production. it takes less corn to get the job done

Takes two weeks to reverse the Omego 3/Omega 6 ratio from a grass fed steer to grain fed.

And what to do birds eat primarily? Bugs and seeds. Corn is a seed. Ethanol production has provided multiple benefits. Polymers for various uses, Ethanol (of course), high protein feed supplements. Even insulators for spark plugs.

Yeah, and as you pointed out previously, corn is a grass...any argument to get the job done eh ?

I suggest you go vegan, if not already there, if it bothers you so much. The markets will not change based on your perceptions.

I suggest you go vegan, if not already there, if it bothers you so much.

What sort of argument is THAT ???

Nonsensical...as usual...

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Yea, let's end this ethanol boondoggle, have no other fuels, because having alternatives is dumb. We'll never have oil companies putting a strangle hold on the country again.

The government is who strangles the country. Once the oil companies were allowed to drill the oil prices came down. It wasn't ethanol.

I get real suspicious when people don't want alternatives and competition, especially when its so critical to the country and world in every way. The negatives are miniscule when compared the the devastating effects of supply whipsaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back