2001 LeSabre Limited air shock overpressure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed Monroe air shocks on the LeSabre. I discovered the level control unit missing the lever and strut that signals the pump to run. Apparently the module now calls for air all the time- the back is jacked up like a high schoolers car from the 70's. I cannot find a release valve I can access to let out some air. I don't want to try to detach the line from the shock while under pressure. Any ideas?

Jack the rear of the car up by the frame (not the suspension) pull the lines off of the pump and shocks. they only have the same air pressure as a tire, and the suspension will be unloaded so you can yank the line with no worries. Disconnect the electrical plug from the air compressor, and convert the system to manual fill with one of these.

Last edited:
Remove the compressor fuse and pull the air lines until the car comes back down to where you want. There's not that much pressure in them. Them replace the linkage.

They probably converted it to regular shocks because of the hassle trying to find replacements for the air shocks
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back