AC Delco full synthetic Dexos 5w 30

My dealer said they switched from the Delco Dexos semi synthetic to the Delco Dexos Full synthetic as their standard change. I tried searching AC Delco Synthetic 5w 30 and got no where, I added full synthetic, I even just used Delco 5w 30 Dexos and I can't find anything on it. Anyone have any info, VOA, UOA or anything on it? Part# 10-9130. I was going to go with Mobil 1 but this was my last freebie oil change and full synthetic, I figured why not??
The dealer does $7 oil changes if you bought your car there. Thet said theyd still do the Delco syn Dexos for the $7.

The vehicle in question is a 2017 Chevy Traverse.

Its only if you bought the car from them and I believe its for 5 years. They want to see what other work they can get under the warranty I'm sure.

Ohhhh thanks for the warning. We know you don't like those for some reason.
smile.gif

I hear, but I'm not sure, that under Dexos-Gen2 a full synthetic will be required, and this is AC Delco answering the call.

Notice too how Castrol Magnatec 5W30 has recently upgraded from a semi-synthetic to a full synthetic.

BTW a full synthetic oil change for $7 .... I would be into that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SR5
I hear, but I'm not sure, that under Dexos-Gen2 a full synthetic will be required, and this is AC Delco answering the call.

Notice too how Castrol Magnatec 5W30 has recently upgraded from a semi-synthetic to a full synthetic.

It seems all the numbers for the full syn Magnetec are the same as the semi syn. Though I could be wrong.

I hear, but I'm not sure, that under Dexos-Gen2 a full synthetic will be required, and this is AC Delco answering the call. Notice too how Castrol Magnatec 5W30 has recently upgraded from a semi-synthetic to a full synthetic.

No, several brands of syn blends are on the latest dexos1 Gen2 list. Synthetic not required.

Now if we only trusted dealers to touch our engines....

The dexos1 Get 2 full syn thing only comes into full effect in September and is targeted for 2018 model year and a roll out of ILSAC GF-6 this fall. If the dealer is doing that $7 thing, no reason to go elsewhere. If not, no need to worry about dexos 1 gen 2 unless getting a 2018 MY GM product.

It's $3.99 a quart on Ebay.
ACDelco dexos1® FULL SYNTHETIC Motor Oil (1 QT / 33.07 oz) is specifically designed for GM vehicles. Engineered to improve engine cleanliness, engine performance and fuel efficiency, ACDelco dexos1® Full Synthetic Motor Oils are composed of full synthetic base stocks and exceptional additive technology. Appropriate for use in most domestic and foreign vehicles, ACDelco dexos1® Full Synthetic Motor Oil is the General Motors factory fill and the required service fill for GM vehicles with gasoline engines beginning with the 2011 model year. Recommended for use in cars and light trucks with gasoline and gasoline turbocharged engines where API SN and all prior specifications are required.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
SR5 said:
I hear, but I'm not sure, that under Dexos-Gen2 a full synthetic will be required, and this is AC Delco answering the call. Notice too how Castrol Magnatec 5W30 has recently upgraded from a semi-synthetic to a full synthetic.

No, several brands of syn blends are on the latest dexos1 Gen2 list. Synthetic not required.

Thank you.

Get it changed, bring the car home, take a sample. The TBN should be pretty close along with everything else. An oil analysis can be your investment towards $7 oil changes.
I would be all over that deal without any "proof" oil is "good". The synblend on PQIA looks better than any big boy oil out there, including synthetic. If it is half as good, I may start keeping an eye out for it.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
SR5 said:

Thank you.

Kinda...the two blends on the current list of Gen 2 (Pennzoil Gold/Quaker State blend are pretty close to a full syn now...made me wonder why they both changed the wording on the bottles...

From what I have heard, they're about 60-70 percent syn now, and Durablend is at least 50 percent as well.

Dino oil is quickly turning into oil for cars from the last decade......

Originally Posted By: johnachak
My dealer said they switched from the Delco Dexos semi synthetic to the Delco Dexos Full synthetic as their standard change. I tried searching AC Delco Synthetic 5w 30 and got no where, I added full synthetic, I even just used Delco 5w 30 Dexos and I can't find anything on it. Anyone have any info, VOA, UOA or anything on it? Part# 10-9130. I was going to go with Mobil 1 but this was my last freebie oil change and full synthetic, I figured why not??
The dealer does $7 oil changes if you bought your car there. Thet said theyd still do the Delco syn Dexos for the $7.

The vehicle in question is a 2017 Chevy Traverse.

looks like a mobil/exxon bottle...

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Originally Posted By: CT8
It is as good as any oil needs to be.

Define good...
50.gif

Definition as good as the oil needs to be to have the engine out last the ownership of the vehicle unless their is a malfunction due to poor quality parts or defects.

Back