Archoil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: harryberry
Have been hearing about it but looks okay. I do think that molygraphene is a much more effective formula in oil additives though
What is molygraphene, what does it do, and how is it a "much more effective formula in oil additives"?

He's talking about Everglide. Look it up. Moly-Graphene, not a molecular compound to be more precise, but separate moly and graphene mixed.

What some negative cynics fail to understand is that people are looking for real lower wear numbers using additives oil companies won't touch due to mass market cost. That's all.

Doesn't mean all of them work. Of course not. Most reasonable people concede oil companies won't blend in expensive but higher performing additives.
See posts above about HBN being not popular due to cost concerns.

If there was some magic additive that could do what many claim to do, an oil company would quickly establish a worldwide monopoly on lubricants since it would solve all lubrication problems that exist. A higher cost would be inconsequential if it could quantifiably perform in a way many seem to believe these additives do.

However, I've never seen any of them quantify any effects they claim to produce (at least not honestly). If one of them does, I'll be happy to change my opinion on it.

He's talking about Everglide. Look it up. Moly-Graphene, not a molecular compound to be more precise, but separate moly and graphene mixed.

What some negative cynics fail to understand is that people are looking for real lower wear numbers using additives oil companies won't touch due to mass market cost. That's all.

What are those individual chemistry components in commercial oil additive packages that do not work?

Moly and Graphene in what form? Powders, dithocarbamates, colloids?

And what are the lowest wear numbers available from an aftermarket OTC additive verses a commercial Off the Shelf engine oil?

Doesn't mean all of them work. Of course not. Most reasonable people concede oil companies won't blend in expensive but higher performing additives.
See posts above about HBN being not popular due to cost concerns.

Who are these unreasonable people who don't conceded the above?

What are the cost of individual chemistry components in commercial oil additive packages that are cheaper than those OTC oil additives - on a per Liter basis?

Last edited:
I think it will be a while before you get a response one those questions.

Aftermarket additive companies make claims that exist in the noise of validity so that no actual proof can be made. That's how it works, the only "proof" is a combination of testimonials and individuals appealing to "most reasonable people" while blaming the oil companies for not being willing to put "the best stuff" in their oils - for whatever reason.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
What are those individual chemistry components in commercial oil additive packages that do not work?

You're hyperventilating. Nobody said oil additives "do not work".

And what are the lowest wear numbers available from an aftermarket OTC additive verses a commercial Off the Shelf engine oil?

Everglide does make claims about reduced wear with graphs on their website. I'm skeptical, as clearly you are, about their veracity, that is fair.

What are the cost of individual chemistry components in commercial oil additive packages that are cheaper than those OTC oil additives - on a per Liter basis?
You're ridiculous asking about cost. Of course some components are more expensive than others!!!! Given an unlimited cost budget, a blender with a research plan could come up with a superior motor oil, similar to what is done in F1 racing.

Reasonable non-hyperventilating people can expect there are additives out there which are too expensive for the mass market. (Read posts from SonOfJoe sometime for cost/budget struggles.) Proving it is a problem we'd all agree. Many would hope you could identify winners and losers in the OTC additive area, but you're dead set on getting emotional. Take a breath.

You're ridiculous asking about cost. Of course some components are more expensive than others!!!! Given an unlimited cost budget, a blender with a research plan could come up with a superior motor oil, similar to what is done in F1 racing.

Reasonable non-hyperventilating people can expect there are additives out there which are too expensive for the mass market. (Read posts from SonOfJoe sometime for cost/budget struggles.) Proving it is a problem we'd all agree. Many would hope you could identify winners and losers in the OTC additive area, but you're dead set on getting emotional. Take a breath.

Yeah but that's different than the sweeping generalization you made earlier.

There is no proof that aftermarket additive does anything other than take your money.

Babbling on about hyperventilation is a sure sign someone has no evidence to the contrary.

Yeah but that's different than the sweeping generalization you made earlier. There is no proof that aftermarket additive does anything other than take your money. Babbling on about hyperventilation is a sure sign someone has no evidence to the contrary.

No sweeping generalizations, as I've only used reasonable logic supporting the possibility that OTC additives can work.

You are the one making absolute statements, I'm leaving open the possibility that a company CAN have an additive that is too expensive for mass market oils and does work.

You love to argue for no reason. Its your life, apparently, according to your many trolling posts over the years. Very sad.

So provide something useful to these forums, OK?

No sweeping generalizations, as I've only used reasonable logic supporting the possibility that OTC additives can work.

You are the one making absolute statements, I'm leaving open the possibility that a company CAN have an additive that is too expensive for mass market oils and does work.

You love to argue for no reason. Its your life, apparently, according to your many trolling posts over the years. Very sad.

So provide something useful to these forums, OK?

It didn't take long for the old you to come out after being banned, did it?

New name maybe but the same stuff.

It didn't take long for the old you to come out after being banned, did it? New name maybe but the same stuff.
Your usual crazy talk. Get a life.

A reasonable person would conclude that from your previous statements. Just asking you for some supporting data which apparently you don't have.

What does a formulator leave out of an engine oil such that one needs an OTC engine oil additive?

A reasonable person can see from your previous statements that you had some inside information about comparative costs that you wanted to share with us which apparently you don't have.

I asked about commercial additive components verses aftermarket OTC additives and apparently you cannot delineate between the two.

Why would anyone want to identify winners and losers in the OTC additive arena, and what would be the criteria for determining such?

I can get you a tank of O2 to help you recover from your world of alternate reality, but first you have lay off of those tetrahydro-sesquiterpenes.

Last edited:

A reasonable person would conclude that from your previous statements. Just asking you for some supporting data which apparently you don't have.

What does a formulator leave out of an engine oil such that one needs an OTC engine oil additive?

A reasonable person can see from your previous statements that you had some inside information about comparative costs that you wanted to share with us which apparently you don't have.

I asked about commercial additive components verses aftermarket OTC additives and apparently you cannot delineate between the two.

Why would anyone want to identify winners and losers in the OTC additive arena, and what would be the criteria for determining such?

I can get you a tank of O2 to help you recover from your world of alternate reality, but first you have lay off of those tetrahydro-sesquiterpenes.

Stick with it Mola. You help with the fresh air here.

Last edited:
Archoil 9100 contains Potassium (~1400 ppm +- 200 ppm at 3.75% in engine oil), boron (~ additional 1100 ppm +- 200 ppm at 3.75% in engine oil), a small amount of sodium (~ additional 7.5 ppm +- at 3.75% in engine oil) and some calcium (~ additional 30ppm +- at 3.75% in engine oil). That is a rate of 1.2 oz per quart.

Last edited:
WOW.. forgot about this post, didn't realize all the debate it started!

Anyway, I didn't notice any diff. with the Archoil in for the entire OCI. But again, my truck didn't have the stiction or cold start up issues it claims to fix either. There are way to many true testimonials out there and videos showing the stiction issue with the PSD disappearing when using Archoil for me to say its snake oil.

I truly think the stuff works, not a miracle in a can but it does what its supposed to do and has for many many PSD owners.

Remember that oils need a certain amount of additives to perform its job as well as well as quality base oil. If the oil keeps the parts separated and the additive are adequate for the job. Keeping the parts more separated and an excess of additives will not give better results maybe make things worst. Whether the additives are needed is whether a band aid can help protect the boo boo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back