Chevy, Dogde, or Ford??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Honda2003
Yea I cant get past the 5.7 Hemi and 8 speed transmission. Man what a nice truck. I've always been a Chevrolet and GMC guy.

Why? It's an overrated engine and trans combo. Rather have the GM 5.3 or 6.0 and any transmission. They are much better trucks.

Last edited:
What makes you say its over rated? I've herd nothing but good about them. All ive herd about the newer GM stuff is bad. I really dont know because my truck will be 17 years old this November.

I guess thats what I get for typing on this cell phone.
smile.gif

I guess thats what I get for typing on this cell phone.
smile.gif

I've been there as well. It does get worse when auto correct argues with you and you are right.

Well, ultimately it's whatever you like.

I was recently looking for a 1-ton Diesel truck. The Ford and GM were basically all new trucks for '17, whereas the Ram has only had some minor changes, the biggest revision being some changes for the '13 model year. I had likes and dislikes about all three before I started looking, and reading opinions from lots of actual owners. I test drove all three extensively, and was able to get decent offers for all three, the Ram being a slightly better offer since unlike the other two it wasn't an all-new truck.

Anyway, after comparing similarly equipped trucks back-to-back, and price not being a factor, I chose the Ram. So far I'm very pleased.

I think all three are good trucks, and would serve you well. From my history of working in consumer car repair, and having many friends that still do, if I were looking in the 1/2 ton category, I'd also consider the Tundra, and to a lesser extent the Titan.

Looks alone, I'd go with the GMC. I just think it is such a sharp ride inside and out.

So I been looking at the GMC's. I really like them up through 2013. I really don't care for the body style of 2014 or higher. I also notice that up to 2013 the gas mileage is like 13 city and 18 highway. After that they all seem to have 17 city and like 22 hwy. Is it because they have the engines that go to 4cyl when not needed? I see this on 2014 and up.

Hemi tick is mainly from people not changing the oil enough. I blame the dealers/OLM for a lot of it. The dealers told my dad they were putting synthetic in his GC 5.7L when looking up the part number on the work order showed it was conventional. That's 10k miles on a conventional 5w20 on a vehicle that tows every other weekend.

I use synthetic in it now, and it is silent with 91k miles.

Now this is sweet and seems like a decent price. What do you guys think?
2014 GMC Auto Trader

It looks great to me, but obviously I'm biased. However, it looks like it spent it's time as a lease in Michigan so I would be checking pretty thoroughly for rust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back