Which Michelin's for my Accord?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: d00df00d
To be fair, that test is on the Premier A/S. The claims I was making were about the A/S 3+.

Sounds like I had the wrong tire. Thanks.

UD

Originally Posted By: Phishin
I ended up putting a cheap Ohtsu tire on it. The Michelin's on it have about 6/32" left and with my driving, that's probably 30k miles. This tire should last that long.

$94 OTD and back on the road.

https://www.belletire.com/tires/detail/index/126685/ohtsu-tires-fp7000

I've never put a "[censored]" tire on my car before in a situation like this. I guess we'll see if my "plan" works out. I was half tempted to just buy 2 nice Michelin's and put on the rear and then next year replace the fronts when they are shot. But then I always have 2 new tires and 2 older tire.....and I just LOVE the feel of 4 fresh new tires, which I'd never have again if I started buying tires 2 at a time.

They are the old Falken Ziex Ze 612 tires, giving new life in the Ohtsu brand, as well as a Pep Boys tire.

They are so-called All-season, but I don't trust them in the winter due to the lack thereof siping.

I have Michelin Premiers on my 2009 Civic EX-L. I have 47,000 miles and am down to 4/32 on the tires. Talked to
Discount tire and it sounds like theres quite a few out there not getting good mileage wear. They are wanting to pro rate them
out , give me about 30 bucks a tire on a new set. I like the tires but not as good as i did my last 3 sets of MXV4 michelins on my RSX
and Civic. Unsure of what to put on next. No MXV4 at discount tire and unsure about the defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back