Ford Focus Made In China??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's in the top half of compact cars, even though it is due for a refresh. Look at the numbers for the Dodge Dart
shocked.gif

I'm not sure why you are citing sales figures as a reason to make cars in a communist country that shares no goals or mutual interests with the West...

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
It's in the top half of compact cars, even though it is due for a refresh. Look at the numbers for the Dodge Dart
shocked.gif

I'm not sure why you are citing sales figures as a reason to make cars in a communist country that shares no goals or mutual interests with the West...

OK-you try not to buy anything from China. You don't like Chinese products. The point being is these cars ARE NOT SELLING enough to warrant a factory when CUVs and SUVs are selling like crazy.

Would your solution be to move production to Mexico? OR, I guess any where but China?

BTW-I could care less where something is made. If it's acceptable quality-and the price is right-it's all I care about. And most Americans feel the same way I do. AND THAT-you can take to the bank.

I just spent over 30grand on a CUV made in Korea. So there you go.

Last edited:
South Korea is a democracy and they don't have state-employed hackers whose job is to steal industrial secrets from the US. Why would you ever compare S Korea to China? Because they're both Asian?

You keep saying that it can't justify a factory. That's a complete non-sequitur. Even low-volume cars are made in factories. That doesn't mean they should be made in Chinese factories. Ford has been around for well over 100 years, some of their models have not been great sellers, some have been flops. At no point did they say "Oh, this car isn't selling, better move it to China."

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Uh oh! Hope those Focus owners aren't clinging to their "I only buy American" tripe haha
laugh.gif

There are American alternatives like the Cruze. Even some of them are made in Mexico. I'm all for supporting American jobs and don't feel ashamed of looking for US products first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back