Liquid or Paste ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran out of Nufinish the last time I waxed. Can Tire has both paste and liquid on sale. Which of the TWO would you get? The paste is $1.00 cheaper.

I have only used the liquid in the past and by your recommendations will continue. Thanks

I got a speed wax from armorall , any one tried it? , They say you don't have to wait for it to haze , just apply and remove !

Anyone remember Auri? It was sold on TV back in the late 80s I think? They'd wax a car with it,then set the car on fire haha
laugh.gif

As I have gotten older, I learned the benefits of using a liquid wax. Some of the paste waxes though are very creamy and spread like warm butter. I still prefer liquid. I can manage it better to get a thin coat on. Plus, there are so many great waxes out these days. Even some of the spray waxes are excellent.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
I only use paste: FK1000P, Collinite #476 and #915

I love paste. Paste is your friend.

x2 on the paste
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Phishin
I only use paste: FK1000P, Collinite #476 and #915

I love paste. Paste is your friend.

Ding ding ding!

If you're out of Nu-Finish, upgrade to one of those three.. IMHO, paste will last longer (both in the tub and on the car), and is easier to apply evenly.

... if you really MUST go liquid, then go with Collinite 845.

I am a paste wax junkie. Love me some collinite 476S and good ol fashion old school Megs #16. Paste waxes...only hard to apply if your doing it wrong.

Originally Posted By: FastEddie
I am a paste wax junkie. Love me some collinite 476S and good ol fashion old school Megs #16. Paste waxes...only hard to apply if your doing it wrong.

I wish you would start a thread with some of your favorite products that you use for a detail.
smile.gif

If you simply wash then wax with no other prep work, get the liquid, as Nu Finish is a cleaner wax (or polish as they call it, but the real purpose of their product is the same as a wax/sealant), the cleaning portion of a cleaner wax does a better job with the liquid version.

If you prep your paint with all the steps (wash, clay, polish), you could go with a paste to get the best durability out of the product. If you do it this way, you might as well get a quality long lasting wax (Collinite for example). Not everyone has the time or inclination to do all the steps, hence the availability of cleaner waxes (also called All In One).

Usually, you will do many more cars with a single paste can vs a single bottle, so the paste a better value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back