Who tries to rob a gun store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 69GTX
Who tries to rob a gun store?

Probably someone with too big a stash of ammo.

1. No such thing as too big a stash

2. Anyone who can afford that much ammo doesn't plan on robbing anything...

Here is the story behind the robbery attempt of Harry Beckwith's gun store outside of Gainesville, Fl. I have used their indoor range several times with my son.
http://www.afn.org/~guns/ayoob.html

Last edited:
Is there ever a story about a robbery at an occupied gun store being successful? I know burglaries have been since by definition nobody else is there, but a robbery there is about as suicidal as a jihadi knife attack on a 3 gun match. Stupid ought to hurt, but this just makes me feel bad.

Someone who is tired of living.
smile.gif

Used to work at a gun range/gun store. Guy walks into our empty store with a Mosin in his hands, not cased, and across his chest walking forward in a straight line towards the counter. All three of us simultaneously without hesitation drew our guns pointed downward, ready to raise and fire and told him to hold up his hands and drop the gun. He did so, and realized his mistake in bringing a gun in that wasn't cased or holstered. Turns out he was just a newbie looking to sell his grandpa's gun. We explained to him the importance of adhering to the signs on the door and entrance, and why it was important. He was obviously embarrassed.

You've gotta be ready. Real/attempted robberies of gun stores happen more often than you'd think. Their success or failure depends upon the attentiveness and implementation of policies by the employees to shut that **** down quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back