How to fix a squeaking ball joint

Status
Not open for further replies.
15.gif

Ahhh yes, flush out what little grease is left in your non-serviceable balljoint with a non-lubricant.

Hopefully his balljoint falls apart at speed and he removes himself from the gene pool.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Ahhh yes, flush out what little grease is left in your non-serviceable balljoint with a non-lubricant.

Hopefully his balljoint falls apart at speed and he removes himself from the gene pool.

I think he was hiding out in the backyard by the shed, smoking something or another.. when they were handing out IQ points.

Well, it sounds like his main goal was to eliminate the squeak, which apparently he did, even if only temporarily.

Still though, his inability to understand the bigger picture of what he's supposed to be doing versus what he did is as cringe-worthy as anything I've watched on YouTube in a long time.

He did refer to the "fix" working for a week or so. He should've tried white lube in a can

I want a program which automatically eliminates the "umms" and "ahhs" from these videos. This would make 'em all about 15 TOLERABLE seconds long.

What really stinks is that many of these fools appear to know how to edit but still turn out empty content.

Just shoot that thing with light grease through the top of the boot using a large hypodermic syringe? I bet even a needle point grease tip would go in there too. There's never a guarantee but works most of the time . I did my VW bus once right through a hole in the boot And it lasted till I scrapped it.

Back in the day (sorry) there was a "plastic" you could introduce into the joint that would take up some play and get you through inspection.

We had it in the garage, but I don't think we used it other than a try once on some junker. On some worn joints the ball neck would be rusted and ready to break giving the unsuspecting driver a sudden re- alignment to some plus 75 degrees - or more. So "repairs" to sloppy or dry joints can be life threatening.

Funny, now that I think of it, Doctors are doing this for knee and hip joints!

Unless your running a shady used car lot (aren't they all?)
JUST replace the bad/worn joint.

Grease injected via a needle tip into the torn boot would have been a better one week fix. Bottom line, why did he waste any time with it? Let it make noise for another "week" and replace the part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back