4. Kimi Raikkonen, Scuderia Ferrari, 73
5. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull Racing, 67
Constructors
1. Mercedes AMG Petronas, 222
2. Scuderia Ferrari, 214
3. Red Bull Racing, 112
4. Sahara Force India, 71
5. Scuderia Toro Rosso, 29

For more, including track data, analysis, and video please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports.

64e65527cd0671ac844512a84d48c7dc.jpg

Originally Posted By: Garak
Thanks for the post. It seems likes Monisha won't be there this weekend. ever again.

Fixed that for you. Quite a shock actually. It appears she upset someone up the chain and *pop* she was gone.

Yes, and she'd been there a long time. Johnny Herbert was mentioning today that she was working for the team twenty years ago when he drove for them. He indicated it's probably a good time for some new blood. I suppose at one time she had the stroke where it would have been harder to get rid of her than it is now, but she doesn't have shares any longer. Then again, I thought that getting rid of Ron Dennis would have been just this side of impossible, too.

Speaking of McLaren, Alonso had to exit another smoking, disabled car again today.
whistle.gif
They need to fit that thing with doors for him, and maybe strap a bicycle or moped somewhere, so he can head wherever he's going after a failure without pestering track officials.

Looks like Alonso's failure was a gearbox, thankfully. Also, Honda did elect to fit the new "Spec 3" engine today and it netted them +15kph before any optimization or additional developments they say are still in the pipe. This is really encouraging. They still have a long way to go but hopefully they're on the right path now for the sake of the team and the sport as a whole.

Originally Posted By: nyumski
whos up for pikes peak internationl hill climb racing today? i cant find any thread about this race

So make your own.

Crazy race. Loving that Hamilton and Vettel did not get on the podium. And what a recovery drive from Bottas. He was helped by crashes and penalties, obviously, but still a great result. And what draft pass right at the end!

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
And what draft pass right at the end!

Wow. Given they both (in theory) have the same power unit, that was an incredible draft.

That was an awesome race as a viewer. Last year I was talking to my dad and I said "This is a race you *have* to watch, it's new, difficult and going to be awesome", and it was as boring as bat [censored]. *This* is the race I was expecting last year.

Pretty happy about the winner too, but that's lifting my skirt so my bias is showing.

Never say die!

Seb loses his cool and the race. Hammie shows he is the same jerk as last year.

Team tells him to stay within 10 car lengths of SC. When Seb hit him the SC was about 1/4 mile ahead.
If I read correctly Hammies info on the wheel I think it showed he was going something like 24 mph.
I would have liked him to get some kind of penalty for that.

I like Ricciardo and was glad he got the win , but that side show of drinking from his shoe is
just stupid and has to stop.

Originally Posted By: Reggaemon
Seb loses his cool and the race. Hammie shows he is the same jerk as last year.

Team tells him to stay within 10 car lengths of SC. When Seb hit him the SC was about 1/4 mile ahead.
If I read correctly Hammies info on the wheel I think it showed he was going something like 24 mph.
I would have liked him to get some kind of penalty for that.

I like Ricciardo and was glad he got the win , but that side show of drinking from his shoe is
just stupid and has to stop.

Agree 100%. There is no one in Formula 1 who drives like a bigger idiot following a safety car when leading a race, than Hamilton. I'm not excusing what Vettel did, but I can certainly understand his complete frustration. Hamilton should most certainly be penalized for that kind of stupid driving. I would have been cheering the loudest if Vettel would have damaged his gearbox, and taken him out of the race. And like you, I'm not getting this whole thing of mixing foot sweat with fake champagne.

I'm a Vettel fan, but I can't condone what he did. That needed to be penalized. Too much nonsense has been tolerated over the last couple years. But, no matter what Hamilton says, he's not innocent of this. There was a giant space between him and the safety car. He's complaining the safety car is too slow, so he decides to back off from it, at a corner before a straight? There's no excuse for that. It's not like he could have warmed his tires up in that short period of time, or anything else.

There needs to be a Hamilton rule. When other cars are following the safety car and he's in the lead, he needs to chill out in pit lane or something. At least there was some small consolation when Seb jumped him in the stops for the his penalty and Hamilton's headrest. The headrest took less stopped time in the pits, which means Seb had a better in or out lap, which is hilarious.

Count me in on the Hamilton nonsense - total jerk. He has no regard for the sport or the other drivers. In the end what he does behind the SC is dangerous as the field accordions behind his purposeful inconsistency. I hope he gets a proper reaming in the drivers' meeting although I doubt he would care. We need Jacques back to maybe bounce him off the wall - on track and/or off, I'm not picky. Time for Whiting to lay down some law - enough of this already! And Hamilton is so worried about what the little children might feel due to Vettel's actions, puhleez.....shove off mate! Grrrr

Telemetry shows that he did nothing different at this restart than he did at the previous one. He didn't "brake test" Vettel. Furthermore, he had to let the safety car get away because he is not allowed to overtake it before the SC line, which is some way further down the track. If he guns it he'll overtake it, so he has to let it get away so when he does eventually go for it he won't overtake it.

All that said, no matter what HAM did, there is NO excuse for deliberately ramming another driver in revenge or frustration. HAM was right - VET got away lightly (rammed another driver deliberately and still came 4th). In my book he should have been disqualified. He got 3 points on his licence, putting him at 9 so far. 3 more and he sits a race out. You don't get those for nothing. He currently has the most penalty points of any driver on the grid.

No doubt he's a talented driver, but he's also a petulant, self-important one which we see time and time again.

And I'm not attacking VET to defend HAM, I'm just attacking VET.

I can accept that Hamilton didn't actually brake. After looking at things, that's pretty clear. But, it did seem to me that Hamilton was taking his sweet time to hit the gas, and it must have seemed like an eternity to Vettel.

With respect to being self-important, yes, I'm sure Vettel is. Most of these people are. But, Lewis demonstrated a huge dose of that himself, asking the team to have Bottas try to back Vettel into him to make him an easier target. Bottas's [successful] attempt to get past Stroll was clearly irrelevant to Hamilton.

Vettel should have kept himself in check, yes. Had he done so, he would have been on the top step.

BOT launches off the curb and into Kimi, Ocon squeezes Perez, KYV and Sainz, and the battle between HAM and VET and VET seeing red mist. The winners of the car wars were BOT and Vettel, although Vettel gets penalty points. BOT gets away with no penalty. It will be an interesting second half of the year. Some teammates can't get along at all. I must say that a few seem childish at times. If Red Bull can be a bit more reliable and faster, it will be even better. RIC looks like he drove a clean race, and stole the victory from faster cars.

Originally Posted By: I_4
BOT launches off the curb and into Kimi, Ocon squeezes Perez, KYV and Sainz, and the battle between HAM and VET and VET seeing red mist. The winners of the car wars were BOT and Vettel, although Vettel gets penalty points. BOT gets away with no penalty. It will be an interesting second half of the year. Some teammates can't get along at all. I must say that a few seem childish at times. If Red Bull can be a bit more reliable and faster, it will be even better. RIC looks like he drove a clean race, and stole the victory from faster cars.

Not that it matters, but I thought the bottlas raikonen prang was very much a racing incident. 2 into 1 really didn't go and bottas got caught on the kerb.

Ricciardo is a master at picking up the pieces and not making a blue when he gets out in front. He's not the best driver on the grid, but he's consistent and reliable.

I can't quite figure out how Vettel can't see what the rest of the world thought he did wrong, but that's a mark of the arrogant. Schumacher had that trait also, as did Senna to a degree.

Great race to watch though, and a step up on last year. Yet again, Alonso drags that car to a position it has no right to occupy. Certainly with the new engine during practice it does look like they've got some more HP, and it looks like Renault stepped it up a bit too. Both Red Bull guys commented there was some more oomph there. Had to feel for Palmer though.

I can accept that Hamilton didn't actually brake. After looking at things, that's pretty clear. But, it did seem to me that Hamilton was taking his sweet time to hit the gas, and it must have seemed like an eternity to Vettel.

So? HAM is in control of the pace, Vettel has to react to that. Do you ram anybody at the traffic lights who doesn't pull away sharply?!

With respect to being self-important, yes, I'm sure Vettel is. Most of these people are. But, Lewis demonstrated a huge dose of that himself, asking the team to have Bottas try to back Vettel into him to make him an easier target. Bottas's [successful] attempt to get past Stroll was clearly irrelevant to Hamilton.

He asked, got told the situation, that was the end of it. He had to ask, but ultimately BOT had his own race to run. You'll note that HAM asked if BOT was not battling with anybody, could he help out.

Vettel should have kept himself in check, yes. Had he done so, he would have been on the top step.

Here we agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back