Dog licking cat food cans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mk378
Originally Posted By: 555
The weight gain was from the previous owner not being able to afford dog food so they fed him cat food.

That makes no sense. Cat food costs more than dog food.

Exactly what I was thinking. The previous owner could've gotten those cheap huge bags of Ol' Roy at Walmart haha:

Feed the cat in a bowl and clean and recycle the can. Its more of a treat than anything, not really good for a dog to be eating cat food, like others have said. Also the can is sharp so they can cut their tongue very easily. My dog would punch holes through the cans, and scratch his tetth while doing it. The thought is giving me chills like nails on chalk board.

Originally Posted By: Audios
Feed the cat in a bowl and clean and recycle the can. Its more of a treat than anything, not really good for a dog to be eating cat food, like others have said. Also the can is sharp so they can cut their tongue very easily. My dog would punch holes through the cans, and scratch his tetth while doing it. The thought is giving me chills like nails on chalk board.

My dog sometimes shreds the cans.

Originally Posted By: mk378
Originally Posted By: 555
The weight gain was from the previous owner not being able to afford dog food so they fed him cat food.

That makes no sense. Cat food costs more than dog food.
Just sharing info give to me.

Most of the wet cat food we get is in plastic containers. Just peel the foil off the top and put it on the floor. The cats eat right out of the container and don't leave so much as a speck of food behind.

In case you haven't noticed.....a dog will lick anything !
laugh.gif

My dog will eat cat food when he is not feeling well/throwing a fit and not eating. I sprinkle cat food on top of his to get the process going. The only he likes better than cat food is processed cat food (541t).
If the food is so bad for the dog, why is it being fed to the cat? (Argument for the lawyer) high class idiotically priced dog food is cat food too (ie orijien)

Okay,
Three dogs,two cats,one wife and maybe 150-200 quarts of
oil,atf ,MMO and additives in basement!
If you think dogs like cat [censored],Rabbit [censored] comes in a strong #2.
My dogs are always raiding the dry cat food left out but a cat
would never lower itself to eating dog food.
The dogs always get to lick out the cans when its treat time.
And I buy the "OL Roy rounds at Wally Mart because the dogs think
they are treats and its cheap compared to actual"treats".

I don't see anything wrong with it. (married, cat owner)

But in the end...

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Doesn't matter what any of us say the wife is always right

I let my 3 dogs clean out my yogurt "cans" all the time. They love itt. I'm with you.

Originally Posted By: Srt20
get rid of the wife and cat.

Probably the dog too.

Find a 22 yr old gf.

Bad idea. Those things are impossible to train.

Originally Posted By: Srt20
get rid of the wife and cat.

Probably the dog too.

Find a 22 yr old gf.

Wife is lawyer... how do you see that ending well?

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Simple, pick up the licked out cans immediately after the dog is done with them. Which seems like the real problem. She doesn't like seeing those cans laying around.

Cat food is like candy to dogs since the flavors are so strong compared to dog food. One of the few things you cannot train a dog not to do is avoiding cat food.

I was thinking the same... don't let the cans linger.

We once had a beautiful Brittany that would clean the cat box out at every opportunity. Also like to eat the crotch out of any underwear that might not make it to a hamper.. Also never missed a chance to roll in the biggest, freshest green
smile.gif
pile of horse droppings she came across. And in northwestern Colorado, there were a lot of horses. My wife named her, what else, LOVELY. Still laugh about Lovely's shenanigans after fifteen years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back