Where are you getting UOA's Done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a "best" place to have your oil analysis done? My last one took 6 weeks. Is Napa the best place? Personal vehicles.

with the exception of being a virgin oil analyzer haha, ive recently sent my used Redline 530 oil to blackstone labs. probably worse and better places to go but whatever. im sure i will get what im looking for from the lab report.

NAPA is the most reasonable priced considering they do TBN for $16. And you don't get the annoying Blackstone comments.

If you want quick, put the sample container in a box or envelope. Takes 2x or 3x as long in the mail if you mail the cylinder by itself.

Amsoil/Polaris. $19.50 and includes TBN or TAN depending on oil type. They are a fully ISO certified lab and their testing results and commentary are much more scientific than any other lab I have used.

Another vote for Polaris. The usual turn around is within 48 hours of receipt.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Amsoil/Polaris. $19.50 and includes TBN or TAN depending on oil type. They are a fully ISO certified lab and their testing results and commentary are much more scientific than any other lab I have used.

I played 10 bucks over that, did the price change?

... Polaris ... commentary are much more scientific than any other lab I have used.

Or "canned" as the case may be.

I was having repeated problems getting fuel dilution tested by gas chromatography and emailed Polaris about how to resolve the situation. This is part of the response I got: "We have an automated, expert computer system that can send samples directly to customers if no data is flagged for being abnormal. Your sample was sent without a person seeing it [note to analyst via on-line submission] and reading your note."

Originally Posted By: Dyusik

I played 10 bucks over that, did the price change?

Where are you buying it?

What is the difference between the cheaper and more expensive Amsoil/Poalris Oil analysis kits? I've tried to see sample pages of each analysis but can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back