Post your latest oil change

Vehicle: GM / Holden / Opel Astra (AH)

Interval:
Oil - 6 months / 5000 miles / 8000 KM
Filter - 9 months / 7500 miles / 12000 KM

Out: Valvoline SynPower 0W40 (SN, A3/B4) and a Valvoline synblend media filter
In: M1 5W30 (SN, GF-5, dexos1, A1/B1, HTO-06) and Repco Z154 filter

My very first M1 oil, my first ILSAC oil, my first dexos oil, and my first A1/B1 oil

Given I spent 10 years on Penrite HPR 20W-60 and Castrol Edge 10W-60, this is a big deal for me.

So far my car has not ground itself into swarf, infact it's doing very nicely thank you.

Just call me Tig2 (ment as a compliment)

I'm tossing you the live preserver. Grab hold and keep calm. Once on the boat, we'll feed you a steady stream of monograde 30 and get you back to safety.

I repeat: KEEP CALM.

Steady now Tig2 - You can do it !
wink.gif

If you think that has a shield - should see the dining table top they put under the Fusion Hybrid -
Yeah - must eeekk of another 0.1 MPG

Originally Posted By: 4WD
If you think that has a shield - should see the dining table top they put under the Fusion Hybrid -
Yeah - must eeekk of another 0.1 MPG

Ohh I know, we have like 200+ of these at work LOL! Ford and their "infinite wisdom"

I just changed my oil on my Ford F 150 5.0 , with 5w20 Eneos with a kicker of Archoil 9100 @ 1 oz per quart ,with a Motorcraft FL 500s . Thank you and enjoy your day

2007 Honda Accord (2.4L 4-Cylinder)
585,985 miles on vehicle
OLM at 15%
6,102 miles on oil change, put on in 3 months and 5 days.

Out: Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage 5W-20 (plus about 2 or 3 quarts of various make-up oil)
In: Pennzoil Platinum 10W-30

Left the Fram Ultra that was on the vehicle for one more oil change. Will have between 10k-15k on it when I remove it.

Hoping to curb some of the consumption by trying a thicker oil in the warmer temperatures. Currently burning about 1 quart every 2k on high mileage 5W-20 since I bought it.

Car51, how are you? Have you guys left any off - and does it do more than reduce air drag like protection of hybrid components? My son drug it through a pile of oyster shells so I dread what I'll find underneath and don't fancy buying another ...
(He understands to trade for my GMC next trip to our camp)

Originally Posted By: Red91
I'm tossing you the live preserver. Grab hold and keep calm. Once on the boat, we'll feed you a steady stream of monograde 30 and get you back to safety.

I repeat: KEEP CALM.

But I hear the Siren Call of those thin oils, promising increased fuel economy, a faster spinning engine, and all backed by decades of safe usage.

The whisper into my ear.....use with confidence ............ use with confidence

spam-sirens.jpg.png

2005 Chevrolet Uplander, 3.5 V6, auto
Out: Valvoline Maxlife 5W-30, Service Champ OF111 filter
In: 4 QTS ACDelco 15W-40, 1/2 qt SJ Citgo Supergard 10W-40, Napa Proselect 21040 filter

2012 Kia Optima SX 2.0L Turbo (5K OEM OCI) -
Out: 4,075 miles on M1 0W-40 oil, OEM filter, pulled Polaris Sample.
In: Castrol Edge 0W-40 oil, Fram Ultra XG9688 filter
> Drained about 1oz out of my OCC

Nissan Altima 3.5 coupe

Out: Super S 5w30
In: Valvoline Maxlife full synthetic 5w30

New oil filter Fram TG 7317

Very pleased with the Super S 5w30. Will definitely run that again in the future. For $13 for five qts it is a very good deal.

Yes sir it is the 1st time I have run the Valvoline Maxlife full synthetic. I figured hey I have 190k miles now on it so I guess that's high mileage enough to run it
smile.gif

It is running whisper quiet. So far I am rather pleased. This may well be my new full synthetic oil. Can't find the Havoline Pro DS anywhere anyhow.

Yep the Havoline is getting hard to find. It's a great oil so I don't understand Chevrons retail policy here. Oh well.

That Valvoline MLT can be used in newer cars as well according to the company. The spec sheets don't show any real benefit over the regular Synpower but one of my brothers runs the MLT and he says it's quiet running just as you said. I like quiet engines.

Ohh yeah I know that the Valvoline Maxlife full synthetic can be run in new cars too. I really think that the VML full synthetic will likely be my new go to product. I like you like quiet motors. And this here is right up there with the best I've run in the Altima.

Back