Castrol Edge question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought these two bottles last week at oreilly and when I got home I noticed the bottles were slightly different. One thing in particular is the Chrysler MS 6395 certification is on the 5 quart jug but not the 1 quart container. I also noticed on the 5 quart it says "advanced full synthetic" and on the 1 quart it just says "full synthetic". Also on one bottle it said "formerly syntec" but it doesn't say it on the other. Is there any differences in these or is one container just a newer container? The vehicle it's planned for is a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee so for warranty reasons I need the Chrysler MS 6395 certification and I'm super OCD and don't want to mix different oils if I can avoid it. I just wasn't sure if they changed the formula or what.
Thanks!

P.S. Now that I take an even closer look the 5 quart doesn't have dexos certification where as the 1 quart does. Hmmmmm

Since you purchased from O'reilly, the quart is probably older packaging. When I worked at AZ, we almost never sold individual quarts of top shelf synthetics, probably because they were all $8-10 each. That said, you'll be perfectly using all of that product in your rig.

Last edited:
This pds says Castrol Edge meets the Chrysler MS-6395 in the 5W-20, 5W-30 AND 10W-30 viscosities. Since it is dated June 2014 it might of changed since then.

https://msdspds.castrol.com/bpglis/FusionPDS.nsf/Files/73A258BA225A396680257D03006D47BE/$File/EDGE%20US%20PDS.pdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back