Castrol Edge Extended Performance 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's under appreciated on here and probably one of the best GF-5 oils in terms of offsetting deposit growth in the areas that count in modern DI and turbo DI engines. Castrol synthetics are tops imo in the best TEOST scores.

It is a very good oil. It is Dexos approved and had the ACEA A1\B1 and ACEA A5 approvals as well. I have run it a fair amount with it doing very well. The price being $28 at Wally World keeps many away from buying it.

That's what I have on deck for the Cadillac DTS at its next change. I paid $24.97 for a 5qt jug at Walmart. I'll be using it for the first time and plan to run it for 10,000ish miles with a Fram Ultra filter (also first time user). Longest OCI the car has seen previously is 7K.

Last edited:
I just put this oil in our 06 Toyota Sienna, it's my new favorite oil! The engine in our Sienna is kind of "ticky" at idle ( use the same OEM Toyota filters every change) with any other oil I tried. Before The Edge Ep I tried Castrol Magnatec 5w-30.That quieted it down a bit but the tick was still audible. With the Edge EP, no more tick and it's smooth as silk throughout the RPM range. Oil has ~ 1K miles on it now, I'll probably run it 7500 miles.

@ $24 on Amazon with free same day delivery, I'm sticking with it.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does the castol edge EP seem a little thicker than the Pennzoil Platinum? In my experience in using the Pennzoil its that it seemed a bit watery. This castol right off the bat (at least in the jug) seemed thicker.

My favorite. Has some awesome extended OCI's in my Genesis Coupe, too. Just harder to find sometimes than Mobil 1 EP which is why I switched.

I've used the 10-30 EP in my Accord along with a FU filter--after 8500 miles you could visibly see the reduction in the small amount of deposits thru the fill port on the valve cover. Those with Honda's can relate to the limited view
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back