PUP, no longer available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum seems to no longer be available at my "local" Wal-Mart. Is this a trend elsewhere as well?

Its been a trend for a long time, like 3 years.
Walmart gets it once in a while online for order, and Amazon has some semi-regularly.
Odd how sporadic it is. Pennzoil is freaky.

The key to buying PU, if you want it, is to be patient. WMT online has it from time to time, you have to be online at the right time, and buy a years worth. I have a good stash, but I'm not sure how much longer my patience is going to last trying to score it with the hit or miss availability it tends to have.

We finally have it somewhat readily available up here and subject to rollback, which is getting mighty tempting. I swear that Shell's biggest enemy is their own distribution network. Generally speaking, they need to improve package sizing on their Euro offerings, and then take a page or two out of Wakefield Canada's distribution methods. Castrol is the best selling synthetic in Canada (but not the United States) for a reason.

Originally Posted By: otis24
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum seems to no longer be available at my "local" Wal-Mart. Is this a trend elsewhere as well?

It is available here for pickup or two day mail to your home.

I haven't been able to find it in Atlanta, either. Online seems to be the only way to get it, and it's quite pricey.

Hi @otis24 – We're sorry to hear you are having trouble locating Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. To find a retailer near you, please visit: http://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/oil-change-retail-locations.html#iframe=Lz9sb2NhbGU9ZW5fVVM=. Once you input your zip code into the search, you’ll see black pinpoints on the map, designating the retail locations that specifically carry Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. You can also have your local auto retailer request the specific Pennzoil product you need from their regional Pennzoil distributor. If you are still having trouble locating Pennzoil Ultra Platinum in-store, you can also purchase Pennzoil Ultra Platinum online at Walmart.com and Amazon.com. Hope this info helps!

- The Pennzoil Team

Check with a Shell distributor. At least one of them can get it for me up here, and at a very good price, too. Also check NAPA. I'm not sure about American NAPA stores, but Canadian ones have it on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back