TCW-3 640:1 10 years Hi-Rez

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time exposed to the light of day since 2007 and 6,500 grueling miles here in the U.P.

I'm amazed at how clean that piston head is.. but confused as to how it can be so clean, and the cc top and valves so dirty at the same time.

Regardless, I wish the piston heads in my Fusion's engine were that clean.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
I'm amazed at how clean that piston head is.. but confused as to how it can be so clean, and the cc top and valves so dirty at the same time.

the cam wore and dished the intake follower (1st pic) so the valve timing was off, beyond adjustment, after six months of getting worse after more adjustments it wound up in Wes's garage for repair.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon

Indeed.

OTOH, I assume you can take some comfort from your Fusion's dirty bits still forming a working engine, unlike the shiny one's pictured.

ATV itself looks good for its age too.

My 2005 Rancher looks a little rough. Has been in the Phoenix sun for a long time.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Why does it clean the top of the piston, but not the cylinder head?

Just guessing, but the head will be colder than the piston...

The bore looks mirror-smooth judging by how clear the reflection of the lettering on the piston is.
Looks like the cross-hatching on the cylinder is gone so minus a point for "upper cylinder lube" there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back