The day you buy it & the day you sell it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having owned both a boat and a motorhome... I can confirm that the old adage about the two happiest days of boat ownership... being the day you buy it and the day you sell it... easily applies to a motorhome as well.

Yes, the V-10 Coachmen Class A now calls Indiana its home.

Not sure what is next... an old car (1954 Bel Air 4 door?), or maybe a 25-28 foot pull type camper.

My buddy says "BOAT" stands for 'Bust Out Another Thousand'
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: E150GT
We always said that about ANY mercedes Benz cars.
fixed your quote for you.

AGREED!!

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: E150GT
We always said that about ANY mercedes Benz cars.
fixed your quote for you.

AGREED!!

Boy, I guess I'm going to be in big trouble, got two of them. They're still pretty enjoyable to drive so far though.

A guy near my sister who is selling a tow behind like you describe. It's a 2015 and in great shape. It's a "pop-out". The guy cycled it for me.

The fridge in it runs on electricity OR propane.

Very cool.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Not sure what is next...

The family and neighbors will love you:

DSCN9722.jpg

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
My buddy says "BOAT" stands for 'Bust Out Another Thousand'
crackmeup2.gif

Years ago I drove by a boat repair facility and the sign said,

"If your Boats Broke and your not, call us."

lol

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Boats are giant holes in the water you throw money into.

And the bigger the boat the bigger the hole in the water and the more cash you have to throw into it.

How about owning a Yugo. Uncle loved it till 1992 then parts got hard to get and it wasn't worth anything to sell. Traded for a riding lawnmower.

Boats get a bad rap from people who don't maintain them, and treat them worse than their already neglected cars. Worse, they buy a NEW boat and REALLY take a hit......

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Timeshare that people buy and realize its a waste of money.

You have to really, really, really, REALLY read the fine print. Most are a total rip-off.

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Boats get a bad rap from people who don't maintain them, and treat them worse than their already neglected cars. Worse, they buy a NEW boat and REALLY take a hit......

True. Boats don't fair as well as other things to neglect. Unfortunately, people think their boat is turn key ready after not using it for 6 months. I doubt your car would be either, but most people don't ever find that out.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best boat is the one your friend owns. Then there's no maintenance, just rides once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back