malware software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malwarebytes. I would focus on a quality program for malware, rather than focus on it being FREE.

Malwarebytes had a license for life sale a few years ago. I got it.

I go lightweight.

Microsoft Security essentials
And an occasional Malwarebytes run each month

The rest falls on you avoiding suspicious links and websites and keeping your machine behind a router on a trusted network connection.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
What are decent free malware programs. Presently running the paid version of McAfee antivirus. Ed

What version of Windows are you running? Microsoft has gotten a little more serious about security lately and some of the more recent exploits you hear about just affect older versions of Windows, not their latest version. The hidden secret is that you can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/

Eww, McAfee. Even John McAfee himself doesn't like it lol. I use Malwarebytes and if I get a nasty infection I use Roguekiller

I actually still use the old free Malwarebytes v1.75 because the newer versions can't be disabled to run on startup, unless maybe if you have a paid subscription.

It updates the database just fine.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I actually still use the old free Malwarebytes v1.75 because the newer versions can't be disabled to run on startup, unless maybe if you have a paid subscription.

It updates the database just fine.

You can disable the start up process in your task manager. To further ensure this, in the current version go to settings > application tab then turn off auto updates, notifications and usage/threat statistics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back