Which of these wheels looks better to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely the first set. Although if the were mine, I'd go to a more modern 16 or 17 inch wheel for daily driving and store the originals away.

The car had Pirelli's Cinturato CN36 Tyres on it when it was new, and since Pirelli is making them again i was planning on getting a set, they would go on the original set of wheels as they are not available in 205/60, and since i don't put more than 1200-ish miles a year on it, i think they would be ok, and since the car is totally original on the outside, i think it would be the icing on the cake.
http://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/image/longstone/english-website/alfa-romeo/1300-gt-junior-cn36.jpg

1st - car looks more shiny, better background.
On the 2nd - car dull looking, no nice background, and those 3 fellas standing there now don't want to steal it.
eek.gif

Originally Posted By: Errtt
1st - car looks more shiny, better background.
On the 2nd - car dull looking, no nice background, and those 3 fellas standing there now don't want to steal it.
eek.gif

Well, one picture is 4 months old, the other is 24 years old...

Originally Posted By: Duffyjr
You seem to like both so I'd use the top ones in the summer and bottom ones in the winter.

Not sure they've heard of this "winter" of which you speak, in the Balearics.

You seem to like both so I'd use the top ones in the summer and bottom ones in the winter.

Well, winter here in the middle of the Mediterranian means usually sunshine with occasional rain, and a normal high of 60F during the day... it might snow once every 5 years in the city where i live? Road salt in unheard of...

Originally Posted By: Ducked

It snowed one day this January, that's it lol

It snows here sometimes on one of the high mountain passes, causing huge traffic tailbacks as Taiwanese seek the fleeting winter-wonderland experience.

I've even seen a photo of a snowplough up there.

Now that'd be a stressful job, always on standby, never knowing if this will be the decade that the klaxon will sound. Hmm..

Don't suppose they get many vacancies though.

Well here in Mallorca we have a decent mountain range in the north of the Island with various peaks above 1000m, so it's not rare for there to be some snowfall during January and February, i believe there are a few Snowploughs but it rarely snows enough to make it necessary to use them.
In January 2012 i was in the mountains with a friend at his house, one morning we woke up to close to -10c and about 30cm of snow! i never thought i would have to scrape ice and snow off the windows of my car here, in the middle of the Mediterranian... the only times it had snowed so much on the island was in 1956, 1999 and 2004.

Originally Posted By: Ducked

Oh well, I just assumed he lived at an altitude where it snowed since both pictures have snow in them. I guess I need to go back and take a geography class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back