Sorry, another "what battery" post.

You all about that Sam's club aren't ya Nygotha
smile.gif
Hope you are doing good man. Always good to see you on here.

Thanks bbhero! Just all about not spending more than necessary . . . but if one doesn't already have a membership it becomes a non-issue.

Yup, no Costco/Sams membership. I just would not go there enough to make a difference. Although my wife has been bugging me about it, so maybe it would be an option? Heck, the $55 cost would almost be saved in the price between Costco/Sams and Batteries Plus. Something to think about (or maybe see if my brother in law has one still to Costco, he did a few years ago, but not sure if he kept it). I don't see the CCA listed for it, and that is a part of my buying decision.

Deka being US made does raise it on the bar, which is a part of why I did this thread.
The NAPA is my mom's is a Deka, and has lasted longer than the other 2 batteries she has had, and still seems to be going strong.

The link you posted just brings me to a "Page not found" on Sams website.

Seems my web filter was blocking a lot of Sam's stuff. When I manually search for it, I was able to find the info.

Group 65 is 850 CCA
Group 75 is 690 CCA

Both higher than what I am wanting.

I just looked back at Walmart's site thinking I will just order them, it is now showing the Group 65 @ $110 (up $16), the Group 75 is still $90.
What the heck!
Screw it, I will just get me a Value Power for the truck (not sure how long I will be keeping it).
Even if it just lasts 2 years, I will buy another and it will still be less than the regular one.
Then get the Group 75 Maxx for my Mom.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
I would go with the Walmart Value Power batteries. And I did: replaced the nine year old Everstart Maxx in my Caddy with one. $49 versus $109 was an easy choice.

How long have you had it so far?

I considered one last April, but I just ended up going with the EverStart since it was only ~$30 more. 5 year warranty too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: blupupher
Yup, no Costco/Sams membership. I just would not go there enough to make a difference. Although my wife has been bugging me about it, so maybe it would be an option? Heck, the $55 cost would almost be saved in the price between Costco/Sams and Batteries Plus. Something to think about (or maybe see if my brother in law has one still to Costco, he did a few years ago, but not sure if he kept it). I don't see the CCA listed for it, and that is a part of my buying decision.

Deka being US made does raise it on the bar, which is a part of why I did this thread.
The NAPA is my mom's is a Deka, and has lasted longer than the other 2 batteries she has had, and still seems to be going strong.

Don't know about your area, but around here Sam's has been running a coupon in Valpak that with any new membership, they are giving a $25 gift card. So in your case, it would be basically a free membership for a year, plus you would still be saving some money.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
I would go with the Walmart Value Power batteries. And I did: replaced the nine year old Everstart Maxx in my Caddy with one. $49 versus $109 was an easy choice.

How long have you had it so far?

I considered one last April, but I just ended up going with the EverStart since it was only ~$30 more. 5 year warranty too.

Just got it-maybe 2 months.

I would buy it from a store where it is EASILY accessible and getting replacement not too far from your house.
Try to get it to fail before the warranty expired and get a replacement.

Hmm, never followed up with this post I guess. I ended up buying batteries from Walmart for both.
I decided on a Valuepower for $50 for my truck. That lasted 17 months, replaced it with an Everstart (that is on it's way out now, but still under warranty).
For the Saturn, I got an Everstart, but got rid of it about 2 years after replacing the battery.

Back