Liqui Moly MoS2 #2009 and LM Truck Series MoS2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there is endless debate over additives and MoS2, but that's not what I'm looking for.

I've uses LM MoS2 #2009 on and off over the years in different engines. I just noticed that LM now offers a newer Truck Series Oil Treatment with MoS2 #20256. I was curious if anyone had knowledge on what the difference between this new Truck treatment is compared to the original MoS2 treatment? Can't find much info. I'd like to know it there is some reason why this treatment may be better in a gasoline truck engine or marine engine over the over the original MoS2 treatment?

Also, I haven't looked too much into it, but is there benefit in using the LM Ceratec treatment over the MoS2? I understand it's a different animal and cost quite a bit more than the MoS2, but is there added value to using it?

Thanks everyone!

What a concept. I picked up the phone and called LiquiMoly today lol. They told me the new truck series is the same as the #2009 MoS2 engine treatment that we all love, but it's a larger dose to be able to treat these new trucks that have 8-12qt sumps instead of the MoS2 bottle that is good for say 6qts or whatnot.

I also received an email response which is a little bit different from what their tech line told me...

The new LIQUI MOLY Truck Series additive line is especially designed for the use in pick-up trucks ( higher load, more stress ) and the bigger oil / fuel volumes of these vehicles. Please see the attached information. Depending on the additive we use a different formulation in comparison to the "Car" addives or only a higher volume that fits better for the bigger oil / fuel volumes of trucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back