One shot - one kill. New record of 2.14 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's this Bell Telephone's former slogan, "Long distance is the next best thing to being there"?

smile.gif

http://www.breitbart.com/national-securi...over-two-miles/

Ed

Imagine the calculations he had to make in his head to make that kind of shot. The level of training those JTF-2 operators go through is unreal to say the least. Proud to be in the home country of JTF-2!

Originally Posted By: Ed_Flecko
What's this Bell Telephone's former slogan, "Long distance is the next best thing to being there"?

...and AT&T's was: "Reach out and touch someone"

08.gif
39.gif

GE had the slogan "We bring good things to life" Was a h of a thing while running one of their mini guns or three out of a C130

Last edited:
10 seconds for the bullet to reach it's target, amazing. What this will do is make the Islamic State realize they need to keep moving so a shot like this could never hit it's target, they'll tire in a hurry.

Be interested to know if it was truly a cold bore 1 shot hit. His spotter could watch the trace and call corrections and the BGs wouldn't know they were being shot at until one was hit. LONG way, good shot.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
His spotter could watch the trace and call corrections and the BGs wouldn't know they were being shot at until one was hit.

Does the round go subsonic at that range? If its still supersonic, that's usually very audible.

Originally Posted By: Ducked
Originally Posted By: AZjeff
His spotter could watch the trace and call corrections and the BGs wouldn't know they were being shot at until one was hit.

Does the round go subsonic at that range? If its still supersonic, that's usually very audible.

I'm not familiar with terminal ballistics at 2 miles. Depends on the caliber.

Story does not say it was a "one shot hit". Some of the other "record shots" were hits ranged by a spotter and hit made after adjustments on prior shots.

Still amazing skill and of course luck. Bullet subsonic at that distance for sure.

Originally Posted By: wymi516
Considering it's about 8 inches of drop per mile that's an amazing shot!

Not right. See graph (meters):
ziYSO4H.jpg

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies

ziYSO4H.jpg

That's over five feet. I did not think it would be under a foot

Last edited:
I think the graph above I posted has problems with the y-axis units. Maybe this one is better:
bulletdp.gif

Which shows a ton of drop.
Thats less a rifle shot and more like an artillery strike.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bioburner
Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies

ziYSO4H.jpg

That's over five feet. I did not think it would be under a foot

Alot of news articles say the shot took 10 seconds to get there, but a ten second shot would drop 490m... I think it was more like 5 seconds with the 850m/s muzzle velocity, so that gives a drop of 120m or 360'. Drop in metres equals 1/2 times 9.8m/s/s times (time in seconds squared)

I guess if you got creative with spotting it could be like calling in artillery... Shooting over 10 story buildings from the ground. The sniper team must've did their homework to get shots close enough to see to call corrections on.

Canada used to have a respective army. Too bad we cant fund it to get back to being great again. I know at least a few, who Im proud to say are friends. Mad respect.

These shots cannot be made without technical support which includes GPS and weather.
Everyone involved can take credit, the trigger squeezer will be the 1st to acknowledge that fact.
Canadian news reports the sniper is American by birth, was USAF before coming here and carries dual citizenship.
See! Free trade sometimes works in our favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back