Which of these wheels looks better to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCD

First picture : original wheels ( 13" x 5.5" ) 185/70R13 Tyres
Second picture : later model ( 13" x 7.0" ) 205/60R13 Tyres

I can only choose one of the 2, because in Spain we have to homologate any wheels that we put on our cars, it's illegal to drive around with wheels that are not homologated.

I hope this is the right board to post this?

Love the first set. Very cool.

Second set, is well, 70s cool...which is to say, umm, well...

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Love the first set. Very cool.

Second set, is well, 70s cool...which is to say, umm, well...

Hahaha, full 70s would be, beige paint, beige interior and beige vinyl roof, which you could order on these!

Definitely the spokes, not the manhole covers.

Con Ed might sue you for infringement...

Originally Posted By: Oro_O
Definitely the spokes, not the manhole covers.

Con Ed might sue you for infringement...

The wheels in the second picture are known in the community as pepper pot wheels, i think it describes them perfectly.

First set
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: carviewsonic
Definately the first ones. So no custom wheels allowed in Spain?

If the wheels are the same dimensions and have the same tyres than the original ones, no problem.
If you want to use a different size wheel or tyre, you have to get them homologated through the Spanish equivalent of the American DMV.

FordCapriDriver,

Just want to say I'm glad you are an active member here. I like seeing content/perspectives from other nations here.

And yes the first set look much better than the 2nd.

Thanks Reddy.
The wheels on the second pic were put on the car in about 1990, they were on the car until 1999-ish, they are still sitting under a mountain of stuff in a lockup, i was thinking of maybe putting them on the car for a while on some not too expensive tyres and see how it goes, but if they are so ugly according to most people i guess i won't put em on the car.

Originally Posted By: Blkstanger
First set by far. Love the Capris. I owned a 74 2.8L and it was one of the best driving cars.

The shame about US Capris though is that except for the first years they had big bulky plastic bumpers that looked odd, and the engines were less powerful than European ones, for example in 1977 the American 2.8 which was the largest engine coughed up 108 Hp, meanwhile in Europe the most powerful one at the same time in 1977 was a 3.0 engine with triple weber carbs which made 185 Hp and 200 lb/ft, 130+ mph top speed and 0-60 in around 7 seconds, this was because emissions regulations were still very light in Euorpe at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back