Anyone using the milwaukee m12 tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have the new 6ah battery and 2 1.5ah.

I would be using the small ones for the drill and impact.. and the larger one for needy tools.. with the little batteries for backup. I have bigger tools for bigger jobs but only corded sawzall and grinders right now.

Get the new M12 Fuel Hackzall,the regular one is a battery hog.They are bringing more and more Fuel (brushless) models to market this fall.Including new higher power impact guns (1/4,3/8,1/2" drive).I have many M12 tools,and I have a caulking gun coming.I like the battery interchangeability,so you don't have to have a battery for EVERY single tool.You can share them among their M12 "brothers".

If you need a more compact version the M12 is for just that purpose.I like them personally. Seems Milwaukee is introducing alot of tools to the 18v system and hand tools as well. Makes sense so TTI (which owns both Ryobi and Milwaukee) can have a vast entry and higher level selection for 18v tools.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Not sure why one would go with M12 even if it was a super deal.

Size. I'm running M18 Fuel myself, but will definitely be getting the new M12 Fuel 3/8" ratchet when it is released to the public.

I have the M12 drill and got the M12 Hammer drill for free. Size was the biggest consideration. Very happy with both and will add more Milwaukee stuff later on.

I got my m12 quick change impact maybe 5 or 6 years ago. Still on the original 2 batteries. I've used it for everything. I'm a mechanic and love taking small fasteners out with it. And when doing construction projects I've put a few thousand tapcons into concrete with it. Definitely my favorite cordless tools. One nice thing sorta is it lacks power compared to the 18 volt impacts obviously. But when I'm working g with a few guys on something and everyone else is using those they snap screws off halfway in and mine doesn't.

I bought the $99!drill/driver combo during Black Friday deals so I could have a smaller set than my 28V kit. I haven't used my 28V tools since, excepting the sawzall, since there is no 12v equivalent.

I bought a right angle drill to help with a project and it was so bulky it didn't work and I've never used it once.

The best tool is the ratchet. I never had a battery ratchet, but I use that thing on every single project I work on. Huge time/knuckle saver. Best tool I own.

I use mine 12 volt for the smaller jobs especially working on ladders and climbing. I have a larger 18 v older Dewalt rig for the long screws and work in the shop. . Milwaukee is far superior to Dewalt. Those tiny batteries pack a lot of juice for their minuscule size. My m 12 driver fell 12' onto a concrete floor last week. All that thappened was the battery popped off. Amazing!

Originally Posted By: BigD1
Not interested in the M12 stuff because I want all M18.

Is the two pack of M18 batteries for $99 a good deal? From what I have seen in the past, one M18 battery was expensive. I need one M18 battery for a spare.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18...-1822/203806673

Those are 3Ah batteries, so if that is enough capacity for your needs it is an ok deal. With diligence you could get two new genuine M18 5Ah batteries off of eBay for around $115.

I have both M12 and M18 tools. Honestly, the M12 tools will take care of 75% of my tool needs.

If you are going to get the Hackzall, I would pay the extra money for the Fuel version. The brushless motor makes a lot more power and is easier on battery life.

I have the non-fuel drill and impact. Will probably upgrade to the Fuel soon. I also use the oscillating multi-tool a fair bit. I ordered a Fuel impact wrench to carry in the car... it takes off lug nuts like they aren't even there. The next purchase will definitely be the 3/8" ratchet and an LED light. I use my M18 LED light literally all the time.

My new rule when it comes to Milwaukee is that if there is a Fuel version of the tool, that is the one to get. You can really tell the difference with the brushless motors.

I've got a full complement of M12 tools - love them and I don't miss the little power increase of the M18.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back