The 10 gen Accord debut!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LotI
I'm curious about the 2.0/manual combo. It shares its long block with the Civic Type R, which could make some interesting tuning from Hondata. They already have an pcm upgrade for the turbo Civic that ups the boost and allows no-lift shifts.

Since nobody wants sedans anymore, I would expect sales incentives pretty soon.

Coming from a Saab 9-3 with a 2.0 turbo/mt combo, I think it's awesome.

No more V6. Sad.

P.S I'm a fan of all types of Honda I-4, but it was nice to see V6 option in a midsize sedan.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
ONCE Honda WENT WITH STRUTS UP FRONT THEY LOST ME. I HAVENT DRIVEN A REALLY GOOD MAC STRUT CAR YET - INCLUDING MY BMW M ROADSTER.

Your right, the Porsche 911 and Cayman are just terrible handling cars.

Originally Posted By: mightymousetech
ONCE Honda WENT WITH STRUTS UP FRONT THEY LOST ME. I HAVENT DRIVEN A REALLY GOOD MAC STRUT CAR YET - INCLUDING MY BMW M ROADSTER.

But he's got a point. Double-wishbone suspension was/is Honda. Honda has been this way for ages. My Accord might be one of the last few with front and rear double wishbone.

I look at newer Hondas, including the 14 Civic and it is getting all too GM for me. Not that its a bad car, or that GMs are bad, but the Civic suspension is GM like, the R18 sounds like an Ecotec sometimes and I doubt it'll ever have as robust build quality like earlier Hondas.

Great. Thanks Honda....now I'm forced to buy an Accord this year.....It will be a long time before I get behind a I4...the CRV is the wife's car, not mine. May have to wait and get a 2-3 year old used Accord Coupe with V6. I hope they know what they are doing. Wonder if Acura is still going to keep the V6?

Originally Posted By: mightymousetech

Steering feel. Italian steering feel or Chevy F41 not German. Struts are compromised in geometry and there is no way around it. Some do better than others with them. like Subaru. Having no FWD compromise helps a bit too.

Ecoboxes have used it for ease of assembly (powertrain load on a subframe from the bottom) Now everything uses it.

Honda ain't nothing special anymore.

S.Honda San has died.

p.s: All this Mac strut talk and I'm half Scottish!

Originally Posted By: Schmoe
G Wonder if Acura is still going to keep the V6?

Honda is really hungry for CAFE points which is why they're dropping the V6, even though "sales" is their official reason. Do the Honda and Acura badges have separate CAFE ratings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back