The 10 gen Accord debut!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I'm looking forward to how well the 10 speed automatic in some models will hold up or need a software patch.

I imagine it will have some teething issues like most. I am glad that Honda built it in house and most likely will faze out the ZF units.

Looking forward to seeing it. If I cannot nail out these issues with my 125k 2009, I may be in the market for a new Civic or Accord.

Originally Posted By: redhat
Looking forward to seeing it. If I cannot nail out these issues with my 125k 2009, I may be in the market for a new Civic or Accord.

You have issues with a "low miles" late model Honda?? How can that be?

In the mid 80's Honda released the larger, luxury brand Acura Legend, bigger, more power and more luxurious. By the late 90's the Honda Accord was all that and more. Soon the newest Accord will be an Audi competitor and the Acura's might be a brand with no place to go.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Are you going to be a buyer?

I purchased my current Accord with the intent to keep it long term. It has just under 48K on it so it should have a solid 100K left. Also to be perfectly honest I can't afford a new car anyway.

What issues are you having? I know main issues with the early 8th gens were oil consumption and going to brake pads.

Originally Posted By: gregk24

I purchased my current Accord with the intent to keep it long term. It has just under 48K on it so it should have a solid 100K left. Also to be perfectly honest I can't afford a new car anyway.
You'll easily get another 200k out of that.

I love my 2015 HAH. But they've uglied up certain elements of the new civic, the accord update has too big of an ugly chrome treatment all over, the Acura type headlights look silly (IMO), and Acura isn't a good spot to take design clues from these days. So Im a little worried to see this one.

Im glad I have what I've got.

I do like the updated lines of the 2018 odyssey however, FWIW and OT.

What issues are you having? I know main issues with the early 8th gens were oil consumption and going to brake pads.
Originally Posted By: AZjeff

Nothing besides a steering wheel shake that has been my bane for the past few months. I've posted a few times on here about it. I'm sure I'll find it but at what expense. Just a lot of trial and error and thought.

Uh 148k for an accord, are you towing a 36 foot boat with it to have such low expectations?

The pics I've seen of this new Accord show it to be sleeker with a lower roofline. The front fascia has some Mazda influence. It should be a hit.

Regarding the ten speed auto, recently I drove another brand with a multi speed automatic. The transmission was busy instantly shifting when there were speed changes or hills. It's seems like they are trying to make it fuel efficient like a cvt. I'm a automatic person but if that's the case I would rather have the cvt. The Honda ones seem to do well. Anyway, we shall see when it comes out.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff

Nothing besides a steering wheel shake that has been my bane for the past few months. I've posted a few times on here about it. I'm sure I'll find it but at what expense. Just a lot of trial and error and thought.

If you have already ruled out tires and/or wheels, there's a good possibility you may have a balljoint going bad.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I love my 2015 HAH. But they've uglied up certain elements of the new civic, the accord update has too big of an ugly chrome treatment all over, the Acura type headlights look silly (IMO), and Acura isn't a good spot to take design clues from these days. So Im a little worried to see this one.

Im glad I have what I've got.

I do like the updated lines of the 2018 odyssey however, FWIW and OT.

I agree with you about ugly Civic. Unfortunately many buyers love those tacky fake chrome treatment and trim on new cars, it adds the glitter and glam effect buyers want.

I'm curious about the 2.0/manual combo. It shares its long block with the Civic Type R, which could make some interesting tuning from Hondata. They already have an pcm upgrade for the turbo Civic that ups the boost and allows no-lift shifts.

Since nobody wants sedans anymore, I would expect sales incentives pretty soon.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I'm looking forward to how well the 10 speed automatic in some models will hold up or need a software patch.

I imagine it will have some teething issues like most. I am glad that Honda built it in house and most likely will faze out the ZF units.

Honda's first in house designed trans with a planetary gearset. Probably be a nightmare for the first couple years.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
In the mid 80's Honda released the larger, luxury brand Acura Legend, bigger, more power and more luxurious. By the late 90's the Honda Accord was all that and more. Soon the newest Accord will be an Audi competitor and the Acura's might be a brand with no place to go.

They still maintain a bigger gap between the CRV and the RDX, can't get a V6 in the former like you can in the Accord. Toyota salespeople told me they saw the RAV4 V6 (RAV6) as stealing sales from the Lexus RX350 and the V6 option got dropped from the Toyota in the last redesign. I liked the RDX and might be driving one if not for a "why not?" test drive of an FXT while my daughter was at softball practice followed by an Acura sales manager being really offensive towards me when we started talking price and trade. Maybe I would have liked it better, who knows...I have read that the CRV/RDX AWD system is nothing to write home about, but I suspect I would have preferred a V6 to a turbo 4.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back