More water drips from A/C = more efficient system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some cars tend to drip more water from the A/C than others. Does this mean they have more efficient systems since more moisture is being removed from the hot surrounding air?

I would think its primarily a function of the amount of relative humidity in the outside air that determines the quantity of condensation runoff.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
I would think its primarily a function of the amount of relative humidity in the outside air that determines the quantity of condensation runoff.
This.

More drips = More humidity (maybe more inside car volume, more evaporator capacity, etc. etc.)

I doubt it's a reflection of it's "efficiency"

Yup. What's been said above. Also it depends on the system design. If my Mazda is on recirculate it never drips. My truck will drip even on recirculate because the accumulator is in the engine bay and it gets cold and sweats whenever the air conditioning is on.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665

+1;

In some systems, like window AC units, they actually use the water to cool the condenser, so it could actually be an issue if too much is dropped out...

Could this be a question of how much the user is using recirculate? Once the interior air gets dry, then it is down to whatever the occupants are exhaling. OTOH, lots of passengers and no recirculate = lots of moisture to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back