2016 FLTRU Amsoil MCV 20W50, 4978 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been a great bike. Samples seem to be great too. Looks like Amsoil may have changed recipe? Comments appreciated.

Numbers seem about right for an oil on the HD - HO 103 with the exception of the increase in viscosity which is typical of Amsoil and Mobile 1 for some reason.
Cant help wonder if it didnt get changed on time if it would turn to sludge. Either way, sure you are fine.
Thanks for posting, I wish more people would!

viscosity increases can come from "used up" additives, not a good thing as they can form sludge!!! Amsoil like Mobil are prolly usimg mostly cheaper group III refined CRUDE oils aka group III

Last edited:
Wow, I realize this was a thread that just got revitalized by benjy.
But, looking over the UOA and my comments from last year maybe I didnt realized this oil had 5000 miles on it and only 4ppm of iron?
Yes, can be more variables in a motorcycle, riding style and conditions, but very good results, how can it get better?

That is pretty amazing @ 5000 miles. It can make me want to try it to see if I get the same results but I still have years of my current oil supply.
Hard to compare different labs and results, even though they should be exactly the same ... anyway, stellar results, wouldnt want to go much further on it as the oil is getting thick, still ok though.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: alarmguy
Wow, I realize this was a thread that just got revitalized by benjy.
But, looking over the UOA and my comments from last year maybe I didnt realized this oil had 5000 miles on it and only 4ppm of iron?
Yes, can be more variables in a motorcycle, riding style and conditions, but very good results, how can it get better?

That is pretty amazing @ 5000 miles. It can make me want to try it to see if I get the same results but I still have years of my current oil supply.
Hard to compare different labs and results, even though they should be exactly the same ... anyway, stellar results, wouldnt want to go much further on it as the oil is getting thick, still ok though.

Yep, this has been a great bike so far.

Results from Amsoil have always been good too. Oil seems to thicken up on all of my HD samples.

Still in love with my 14 Road King, bike has been so rock solid, over 21,000 miles now and has not needed a repair, no leaks, doesnt burn oil ect.

I sometimes get A.D.D. when it comes to bikes, I like them all and always want another but not really this time, all though I was tempted at times, for us, it just keeps coming back to the RK.

With that said, who knows, maybe someday I will want a 19 or 20 M8 Road King in the future. But right now, reading the forums, the Rushmore bikes still have the rock solid engines, while they are still working out the bugs on some of the new M8's I am just going to sit tight.

The M8's are the future but I would be freaking out upset if I was one of the few (or more) stuck with an issue, such as the "oil migration" issue or "sumping issue". Its doesnt bother some people but it would me, my wife and I love riding the interstates and I would freak out if I had a new bike with one of those issues and its at those higher speeds and temperatures that I hear the issue effects SOME bikes.

With that said, I know they will work it out and this RK being my first Harley, I can say I cant ever see myself riding another brand again. For us, its the Holy Grail in bikes and I NEVER thought I would say that, I NEVER understood until we bought one.
If I had the time and resources I also wouldnt mind an economical sport bike like a Concours or FJR to compliment my garage, but that isnt going to happen. :eek:(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back