best part of plane to sit in

Status
Not open for further replies.
As close to the front as possible. Consumers being cheap has made flying really unenjoyable so I just want to get off the plane and to my destination ASAP.

Originally Posted By: SR5
Next to that cute lady who winked at me in the boarding line.
Oh, the memories. But it was always nice to make nice new friends when you are randomly seated next to them.

My beautiful bride winds up chatting-up her seatmates...I can't hear enough to carry a conversation and frankly don't care to talk to strangers for hours at a time, so I stare out the window or read a book and keep to myself. It seems like we always see the same people on the return flight and she talks to her "old" seatmate before we board, then she finds someone new to talk to onboard. Then, heaven help me, on the shuttle to long term parking she'll ask people where they are going/coming from. I love that woman but I simply don't care to get involved in conversations with other passengers.

You're most likely to get burned up in a crash if you sit over the wing. That's the first place that the ball of flame is going to enter the cabin if it crashes, because all the fuel in most planes is in the wing and wing stub area.

Some have said that it's statistically safer to sit in the back. I think that's true, but there have been some crashes where everybody in the aft part of the tube died.

I'm not worried about cooking in the crash. My most fervent hope is that should something untoward happen, it'll be quick. I surely don't want to die of smoke inhalation while trying to evacuate the bird. I started watching an episode of Air Disasters last evening where the plane had an engine failure/fire and never left the runway...55 died in the fire. Sounds like an unpleasant way to go.

I just looked it up, British AirTours 737 in Manchester England in 1985.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back