Purolator Fuel filter made in China?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought one for my truck F33144. Always bought there oil filters. Not happy a fuel filter with there name in China made. How long has this been going on?

All of the big names outsource lower volume parts to someone else. They don't have a Purolator plant in China but they put this fitler in the Purolator box from what I know.

Originally Posted By: Tone
Bought one for my truck F33144. Always bought there oil filters. Not happy a fuel filter with there name in China. How long has this been going on?

Their.

I've noticed a lot of fuel filters made off shore. I've been buying OE to avoid the issues with questionable off shore parts. You're probably best to avoid Purolator oil filters as well as they've exhibited poor quality control for a number of years now.

You'd be amazed at how many individual components of new US brand cars are made in China. (a LOT)

Their air filters are Chinese too.
Wix/Napa Gold is US made I think, Fram is Canada. (For air filters)

Last edited:
^^^^ The Purolator PureOne air filters I have for my Ram truck and the Purolator Classic air filter I have for my wife's Mustang all say Made in USA

I've installed a Nissan fuel filter from the dealer that was made in China but it felt nicer than the ones I've seen in the aftermarket. Granted, it was the "value" line but it was all metal vs. the plastic topped filters I've seen in Fram and other packaging.

The Wix 33481 seems to be US-made
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back