FK1000P Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before anyone jumps me for my unnecessary "technique", I'm only here to share my experience.

14 months ago, on my 2010 Honda Accord I performed the following:
1.) I cleaned the paint surface with a nanoskin sponge
2.) I polished the paint with a cheap 6" random orbital buffer and Maguire's Ultimate Polish
3.) I then applied 3 coats of FK1000P by using the following schedule: I would apply a thin coat of wax in the evening, I would think park the car in my garage over night, and remove the wax the next day with a MF towel. I would immediately add another coat of wax, let it sure over night, and remove the next day. I did this three time.

14 months later, the car still has a durable protective layer of "wax" on it. No doubt. The water beads like CRAZY. But after 40k miles of driving and many trips through the drive-thru car wash, it was time to start-over. I stripped the car with a strong mix of Dawn Dish Soap and Simply Green and gave her a really sudsy wash and then I started my routine. Water no longer beaded, it only sheeeted off the car after washing it with this "stripping" soap mix.

So over the last few days, this is what I've been doing, stripped, "clayed", polished, and now applying 3 lays of FK1000P. I'm very particular about my Honda Accord. And I just wanted to share that I'm REALLY excited that I can install a layer of protection that lasts for over a year. I've never honestly been able to experience protection like this, until now.

Last edited:
It really is an impressive synthetic paste sealant. It has been a sleeper for quite a while, but has gained a bit of popularity in the last few years. I really enjoy the candy coat appearance, almost like an extra clear coat, but the best properties are the ability to shed dirt and bird bombs with such ease. Much easier to apply than collinite 476 and beads so well. Only thing I don't like about it besides the smell, is that it stains trim if you are not careful.

Originally Posted By: mikered30
Only thing I don't like about it besides the smell, is that it stains trim if you are not careful.

I haven't found that to be the case. I even wax the large black plastic trim pieces that cover the rear of the front door glass the the front of the rear door glass (I hope that makes sense). I install PK1000P over the entire car (rims, headlights, trim, etc. etc.)

Is it still easy to remove after leaving it sit all night? Why dont you try giving it just one coat and see how it lasts? Not trying to criticize im just curious if maybe one application would work as well as doing 3. I am not convinced that the 3rd application is actually going to stick, whereas the 2nd might have hit some areas that were missed. I guess Id be curious to know if the endurance is because of the multiple coats of product.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Is it still easy to remove after leaving it sit all night? Why dont you try giving it just one coat and see how it lasts? Not trying to criticize im just curious if maybe one application would work as well as doing 3. I am not convinced that the 3rd application is actually going to stick, whereas the 2nd might have hit some areas that were missed. I guess Id be curious to know if the endurance is because of the multiple coats of product.

The product comes off very easy after sitting over night. I don't think I'd let it bake in the sun all day, but sitting over night in the garage, I don't have any problem removing the wax. Honestly.

I tried 1 coat 2-3 years ago and it lasted from spring--fall and then I lost protection.

Although it goes against "established knowledge"....I'm 100% convinced that the three coats is what gets me 14+ months of protection

Here's a pic

IMG_20170616_232026.jpg
[/URL]

I have been using FK1000 for about three years on my cars stored outdoors in the Florida climate. With just regular waxing (no clay prep) I get at least 4-6 months of protection. I had called the company (owned by a Meguiars brother) some time ago and was told extra coats would NOT add to protection but maybe cover missed spots at best. Either way its a great product. When my can gets low on product and goes to the bottom in the middle I find putting it in boiling water levels the wax out for future use. GREAT STUFF

By the way., I find this stuff is much better than Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax and goes on comes off just as easy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back