used regular oil forever in my jeep, change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I bought our 08 jeep grand cherokee, 3.7, I've always used conventional oil, 5-20. Always changed at about every 5,000 miles. Always used pennzoil, at about 75,000 mark I've used their high mileage oil. I'm at the 100,000 mile mark now. I would guess it doesn't really matter at this point, but wondering, would it be better to use synthetic oil? I have not had any problems. But for longevity for the motor, would it be better?

There is no professional paper I have been able to find that says that synthetic lubricates better than well refined dino oil. The key is good oil - syn or dino. 5K changes are well within the range of premium dino oils. So just keep doing what you are doing
smile.gif

Maybe bump to 5W-30 HM if it gets noisy or consumes much ...

I'd put a 5w30 in. That's what the engine was designed for but Jeep spec'd 5w20 in 07 for .00111MPG gain. I had an 09 WK that called for 5w20 and I switched to 5w30. Most people on the Liberty forum I'm on use 5w30, even in the newer ones.

Keep doing what you are doing OP. Pennzoil conventional at 5K miles.

If you get some consumption in the future Pennzoil 5W30 or 10W30 High Mileage.

Will stick to 5-20 conventional pennzoil HM. No leaks, no burning, no nothing at this time. I guess, why change if all is good. I will stick to 5,000 changes and appreciate the positive advice. Thank you all!

I am impressed! 9 replies and so far no, run M1 for xx,000 miles it is superior to any conventional and will prevent you from throwing rods out of the block in another thousand miles, or you need an 0-40 synthetic nothing less will properly protect your engine!
grin2.gif
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back