SAFE way to clean brake GRIME from rear of wheels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are Dodge Ram rims with the Plastic Chrome front faces as soooo many manufacturers use now.

I want to clean the brown grime off the inside rear BUT I dont want to unknowingly use a product that ruins or eats at the plastic chrome in front. I dont need it show perfect after all this is a northern truck but I want to get that yellow brown look off.

Secondarily a/another product to clean the tires (scrubbing also I suppose) which is also safe for the plastichrome.

Eagle One's A to Z wheel cleaner is fantastically surprising. Yes, I have used it on the rears of wheels. In fact anything wheel related, it does well... even raw aluminum. I think it is smartly formulated for things wheels encounter... brake dust, tire rubber, etc.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: razel
Eagle One's A to Z wheel cleaner is fantastically surprising.

+1, good stuff and certainly strong enough. One of the best if not the best available at local stores including Walmart.

Wheel cleaners work well. I ran out of wheel cleaner and used some zep orange citrus cleaner spray at 100% strength with a dish scrub pad (the non-scratch blue one), and this worked really well to clean some mag wheels. I think we got that cleaner at Home depot.

If it is an OEM finish, Meguiars D114 wheel acid is the quickest way to clean them up. Follow the instructions and use appropriate PPE.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
If it is an OEM finish, Meguiars D114 wheel acid is the quickest way to clean them up. Follow the instructions and use appropriate PPE.

Excellent product, but if one didn't want to use an acid base, they make a non-acid version D143. I typically use it more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back