Vacuum Coolant Extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received a Vacuum Powered Coolant Extractor as a gift today. The instructions are a very poor translation whereas the device itself is 100% metal even though it is a less expensive OEM brand offered by Amazon.

71ym2m7dFcL._SX425_.jpg

The instructions say to first drain the radiator. I was under the impression the extractor would suck out all the old coolant without needing to crawl under the vehicle and hope the petcock doesn't break off in your fingers. Anyone have experience using one of these type devices?

Last edited:
How would you know if the hose got to the lowest point in the system.

Drain the block, too. Then flush the radiator and block and don't forget the thermostat and check the hoses, all the hoses.

Use your present to drain the P/S reservoir when doing a drain and refill. Also use it to drain and fill the master cylinder when servicing the brakes.

It's a vacuum filler not extractor. They really are a great tool to have. I have a Blue Point one at work. Saves a ton of time on vehicles that are prone to getting air pockets.

Yeah its a vacu-fill. Used to fill the system or to check for leaks.

First operation you plug the gauge end into the radiator or tank, attach the venturi portion with the quick connect to the gauge adapter in the radiator via the quick connect and attach to shop air/compressor. then with the adapter apply air pressure to the venturi. This will cause the machine to vac out the cooling system and collapse the hoses.

When youve got good vacuum close the valve on the gauged portion and disconnect the venturi from the quick fitting. Attach the hose via the quick connect and submerse in a large jug of coolant, open the valve and watch the vacuum suck the coolant into the system. Keep going till full.

Last edited:
I have an AccuFill, it works the same way and is an almost must have for servicing German/Euro cars but it works on almost everything.
You must drain the system as usual then connect the tool to an air hose and pull a vacuum then flip the lever the other way and it fills the whole system to capacity without air bubbles.

It does a good job too, pulling and holding a vacuum on the system is a reliable leak test. while it may not be the tool you thought it was and cant extract the fluid it is a keeper and very useful tool IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back