Cerma Engine Treatment Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I tried the Cerma Engine treatment in my 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid. I've driven it 1500 miles as per the directions. When I first put it in, the engine sounded really gross. I mean my engine sounded OK to start with, but then after adding the Cerma it sounded WORSE. I drove it around for thirty minutes after the application, and it still sounded bad. The next day it was hot out, so when I started my car the lugging noise wasn't as bad, which I'm assuming is because the oil was somewhat heated up. I decided what the [censored] I'm just going try and see how this goes. The noise subsided more and more until I wasn't cringing every time I started my car.

After the first 300 miles I noticed that at higher RPMs the engine wasn't as loud. My commute is short and I go up some steep hills right after start up, hitting 3,000 and 4,000 in second gear. My wife is always asking me to switch gears, and she hasn't been asking me nearly as much. The lugging noise has now completely subsided, and I definitely notice the engine being quieter when I rev it. The vibration might be slightly less, but not totally sure about that. My fuel economy hasn't changed, I just went on a 600 mile road trip, and got about 46 mpg.

I don't think this was worth 96 dollars. It did make my car quite, but it is still to be seen if this persists after an oil change. I'm going to be changing it this weekend and will comment if the revving noise goes back to what it was.

Also, I read on some forum (I don't remember which one) that somebody else who used this stuff noticed that the tip of their dipstick changed color, but that did not happen to mine.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Only a FOOL would buy that stupid junk.

Does anyone know what's in it?

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Only a FOOL would buy that stupid junk.

Does anyone know what's in it?
98% solvent 2% magic ingredients.

Hondas are fantastic engines that seemingly last Forever, certainly till the car rusts away. They aren't by any shake especially noisey. What you have is something going on that oil won't fix. Let a trusted mechanic check it out. A$12 mechanics stethoscope will quickly locate the source of your noises.

Donald--do you hang out in the oil additive section just to disparage the use of ANY oil additives, or is there another purpose?
Steve

Originally Posted By: steve20
Donald--do you hang out in the oil additive section just to disparage the use of ANY oil additives, or is there another purpose?
Steve

21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back