Dock-n-Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been discussed before but I couldn't find anything by searching or going back a year. If there is something older things may of changed anyway.

Finally got my wife to agree to drop the land line but I am keeping DSL for now since they dropped it to $25 for the next six months, this will save us about $600 a year.

After searching dock-n-talk I see they don't get very good reviews but the Xtreme Xlinks are somewhat better. Do these things actually work well, is there any lag or drawbacks to them?

I did read where you have to disconnect the phone service in order for it to work, so my next concern is I'm keeping DSL so I can't disconnect the pair from the house but the phones I have may be the work around. I have the Panasonic system that has the main answering machine/handset that hooks up to the phone line but the other two handsets don't have to be hooked up to the phone line to work. Am I thinking correctly here that this would work by just removing the phone line to the main handset?

Here is what I have. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036D5XH8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#Ask

Is there a better way to do this, amy suggestions would be helpful, it was part of the deal to get her to drop the line, now I just have to come thru.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back