Flip phone users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello BITOG. How many of you folks use flip phone and what one would you recommend? Thinking of a Samsung one. I can get a real good month to month plan too. Thanks in advance folks
smile.gif

I don't need internet just talk and text

I've had excellent success with Samsung brand. Usually 2 - 4 years depending when it ends up in the washing machine. I work outdoors in an ag. related career and my phones take a beating.

This is my current phone (going on 2 yrs.): https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/...4IfA&adurl=

Really.....$19 - $35. If you lose it or break it, no big deal. I keep my contact/phone number list on my computer in case my phone goes swimming.

Pros:
- very small - fits in the change/watch pocket of my work pants.
- loud ringtone. Good sound quality in both directions.
- exceptional battery life. About once a month recharge.
- did I mention price??

Cons:
- texting is slow without qwerty
- camera is maybe o.k. to collect accident scene evidence, not much more.
- the inside screen will collect some wear marks from the bottom half...no biggie.

Be careful that the phone you choose can be ported/activated to the phone plan that you use. I use PagePlus currently. All Verizon phones no longer work on PagePlus, so I have to be really careful with phone choice.

The venerable change/watch pocket, LOL - susceptible to washing machine accidents.
shuffle.jpg

EDIT: The model Memphis901 shows looks even better. If you don't mind some risk, you can find new, open box ones on Ebay for about $40 +/-.

i have used various models of the samsung rugby for years..they have a few bugs but are generally reliable..the chassis are very tough...half decent camera too

If you get a tracfone get a model number ending in "C" so it can use Verizon and get better service.

I am on my second Samsung Rugby, it's been going strong for about four years and I have no plans to replace it. The only reason I got rid of the first Rugby I had, which was nearly identical, is because it became impossible to locate a quality charger that fit the proprietary charging port.

I purchased the most rugged phone I could find. I do not see the point in spending money on a "smart" phone that almost certainly won't last a month with my active lifestyle and work conditions.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I got my mom a low cost LG Tracfone flip phone and she likes it. Very easy to use and I buy the 1 year, 300 minutes card.
You can also buy one of TracFone's shorter, cheaper increments, then add the 365-days-for-$50 option via their web site. I do.

Originally Posted By: car51
Hello BITOG. How many of you folks use flip phone and what one would you recommend? Thinking of a Samsung one. I can get a real good month to month plan too. Thanks in advance folks
smile.gif

Just how low cost plan are you talking about? There is so much competition going on these days in the cell phone provider world that you can get a good smartphone for $50 and a plan with data for $30/month including fees & taxes.

smile.gif

Quality is dependent on how rugged of a flip phone you may need car51. You can google rugged flip phones that contractors use. They are expensive thou, but can be dropped from high places and survive just fine..... same with dropping them accidentally in the clean toilet..... meaning waterproof short-term.

Myself/..... Consumer Cellular default flip phone. Works great, but I bought (2) when moving over to their network, which is actually ATT Network. Range / call quality is fine anywhere in the country and it's only $20 per month. The 2nd (backup) phone was real cheap, probably under $30.

Verizon

I just went through the whole cell phone provider shopping exercise not too long ago, and Verizon was one of the most expensive.

I'm trying to decide between Comsumer Cellular and Cricket

Now, what's best option to buy a "unlocked" flip phone?

Thanks folks
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back