What size Toyota Sienna bumper fasteners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think something like this would be a straightforward Google search, but it doesn't seem to be.
Does anyone know what the correct size of the plastic push pin bumper cover fasteners is for a 2002 Toyota Sienna?
Basically because I have no idea what the head, stem, and hole size is related to my current ones, so I can't figure out if what I'm looking at online, when they give the specifications of the fasteners, is what I need.

Thought about trying the sienna forums? I am a member on one of them and they tend to be pretty helpful. Either that or go to the dealer and they can usually help with this sort of thing.

Go to a genuine Toyota parts dealer website,search out the hardware,write down the part number,do a Google search for that number and see if Dorman or Auveco or LSP shows a cross reference and maybe they will have the size.Also use the number over at www.clipsandfasteners.com

Originally Posted By: MichaelRS
You would think something like this would be a straightforward Google search, but it doesn't seem to be.
Does anyone know what the correct size of the plastic push pin bumper cover fasteners is for a 2002 Toyota Sienna?
Basically because I have no idea what the head, stem, and hole size is related to my current ones, so I can't figure out if what I'm looking at online, when they give the specifications of the fasteners, is what I need.

I had the exact same problem with my GM. The solution for me was simply to don a set of rubber gloves, start the vehicle and turn the steering wheel to one side, shut the vehicle off, take a 1/4 X 6" flat screwdriver and gently force the cap out of one of the easily accessible fasteners, pull the center up and remove the fastener, then search on eBay with the fastener in my hand and a metric ruler...Took me less than 5 minutes to find my exact dimension fasteners. Ordered 100 for about $5. I don't know the part # and don't care.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Lowes has these in their "oddball parts" bin.

^ This

On a 2002, I would use the universal, one time use ones like these:

50-Pcs-lot-Car-font-b-Auto-b-font-8mm-Dia-Hole-Black-font-b-Plastic.jpg

Snap one off using a a
Small nail puller or molding pry bar. You may even salvage half of them but don't count on it. Then measure it and ebay or Amazon a bag. From a dealer these idiotic things are outrageous around $1 each and you'll ruin most you ever try to pull. With that in mind just get a bag of 25 or so. You'll need them sometime.. about the only good thing I can say about these as a fastener is that they don't promote rust.

Toyota part 52161-16010 goes into a 9mm hole.
auto-part-push-type-retainer-toyota-52161-16010-sa040.jpg
A search for that number on Ebay will give you multiple look-alikes. Also many auto parts stores will sell 2 similar clips for about $4.

Originally Posted By: Carbon

A search for that number on Ebay will give you multiple look-alikes. Also many auto parts stores will sell 2 similar clips for about $4.

I was thinking of those ones off the top of my head but those ones really shouldn't break if you're careful...

Originally Posted By: Carbon

Thank yoi

Originally Posted By: TheKracken
Thought about trying the sienna forums? I am a member on one of them and they tend to be pretty helpful. Either that or go to the dealer and they can usually help with this sort of thing.

Yes. But for some reason it has not allowed me to log in for a few months now and I can't figure out how to contact anyone from The Forum regarding resetting my account or whatever is needed. I also posted a help request on the forums Facebook page and nobody's ever contact me with that info
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back