Post Your Latest Coolant Change.

New to me 04 Cadillac CTS 3.6L
Out: looked pink (like Toyota coolant) but it looked good.
Multiple drain / fill w distilled water
In: approx 42% dexcool concentrate and the rest distilled water

2007 4Runner 4.0 152k
Out: Unknown, probably factory fill Toyota Pink
In: Pepboy's OEM Pink Concentrate + distilled water

2011 Rav4 2.5 91k
Out: OEM factory Toyota Pink
In: Pepboy's OEM Pink Concentrate + distilled water

2004 G35 Coupe 123k
Out: Unknown mix
In: Prestone 50/50 Universal Green

2002 Lincoln Continental 4.6L DOHC. 78K miles. 2 years/13K miles on the coolant.

Out: regular old green (factory spec)

In: Zerex G-05 at a 55/45% concentration.

Did numerous drains and refills with distilled water.

2008 Hyundai Accent 1.6L
152k mile
3rd flush since new

Out Farm & Fleet green (Peak)
In Farm & Fleet yellow Long Life (Peak)

50/50

2006 Civic EX 1.8, radiator drain and fill only.

Out: 1 gallon OEM factory fill
In: Pentofrost A3

01 Cherokee 60th Anniversary Ed.
170k mi
out supertech am/am

in Zerex G05 and distilled water (50/50)

also numerous drains and fills, which is a huge pain without a petcock on this rad.

This AM I changed the coolant in wife's 2011 Camry. Ran distilled water 3 times then filled with fresh coolant.

2002 Chev HD 2500 CC, Duramax. 85,125 miles. 4th drain and fill Dexcool 1 1/4 gal, 1 gal distilled water

2004 Lincoln Town Car 111,815 miles drain/rinse/fill radiator Zerex G-05 7/8 gallon, 3/4 gal distilled water.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Duramax CC. 85,309 miles. Drain/rinse/fill radiator Prestone Dex-Cool 1 1/2 gal, 1 1/4 gal distilled water.

2008 Ford Ranger 3.0L, 72K miles. Bought at 60K with factory? HOAT, flushed and replaced with Prestone 50/50.

2012 Corvette 10K

Out: factory fill of GM Dexcool
In: GM Dexcool and distilled water 50/50 mix; drain and fill x 2

2011 Honda CR-V 4WD 35K

Out: factory fill Honda Long Life Coolant Type 2
In : Honda Long Life Coolant Type 2 pre-diluted ; drain and fill

1995 Pathfinder, had replaced the engine with a JDM one, and the coolant turned an off green color as the rust came out. Flushed it out last weekend and filled it with Canadian tire brand 50/50 mix. I used one of those heater core splice flush kits. Temp seems more stable now, if a tad too cool. Will check to see if thermostat is jammed up somehow.

Last edited:
2004 Grand Prix
This spring I flushed all the Dexcool coolant, changed the water pump, installed a 180 degree thermostat and ran just distilled water, Redline water wetter, & Peak 14.5oz Anti Rust, Sealer And Protector for the summer and fall.

Just before the freezing temps set in I installed a 195 degree thermostat & added 2 gallons of TURBO POWER All Season Anti-Freeze & Coolant Concentrate (green in color ) to my cooling system. $7 gallon after rebate;

TURBO POWER All Season Anti-Freeze & Coolant Concentrate
Part #: 86-244PRO|
SKU: 457523
TURBO POWER All Season Anti-Freeze & Coolant Concentrate
All Season Antifreeze/Coolant is a superior quality ethylene glycol based engine coolant with a low silicate corrosion inhibitor package. This product protects coolant system metals, including heat-rejecting aluminum, against pitting caused by cavitation and corrosion. It provides exceptional cooling in summer and excellent protection against freezing in the winter. It is recommended for use in older model domestic and foreign cars and light duty trucks and will provide up to 50,000 miles or 2 years service life when installed as initial fill, or after a complete flush and cleaning of a cooling system in reasonable condition. It is compatible with supplemental coolant additives (SCA) and coolant filters and thus can be used in heavy duty diesel coolant systems when pre-charged with SCA.◦Protects against winter freezing and summer boil over
◦Prevents pitting caused by cavitation and corrosion of brass, copper, solder, steel, cast iron and aluminum
◦Low silicate
◦Aluminum compatible

Back